Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

mind spacey after CPAP use
mind spacey after CPAP use
After I use CPAP machine, I wake up next day and my mind is spacey and hard to concentrate. Anybody else experiencing same problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: mind spacey after CPAP use
(05-11-2019, 01:01 PM)intershift Wrote: After I use CPAP machine, I wake up next day and my mind is spacey and hard to concentrate. Anybody else experiencing same problem?

Yes, my wife. But she's not a CPAP user so it must be something else.
Post Reply Post Reply
Post your daily. Charts per "Organize" in my signature so we can see what is going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree about providing some hard info so we can see if you are correctly managed by your current machine and its current settings.  But to be honest, a lot of people report living in what is called 'brain fog' even more after they start successful treatment than they report previously.  Often it's headaches, sleeping at stop lights, passing out after meals, irritability, inability to concentrate....these things and heart problems and memory problems are what set the wheels in motion for PAP therapy.  But even when they get the correct treatment, many say they don't feel any better, or they get a foggy brain feeling.  It's disconcerting, and diminishes what psychologists call 'face validity' for the PAP regimen and the machines delivering it. 

We need to see your daily reports from OSCAR to figure out if you are being well-served by your machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello and welcome to the board.

I was lucky in that I felt good even after the sleep study and its broken night of sleep at the hospital.

It was when I was learning to use the machine at home that was the difficult time for me. I did not feel all that great for the first 5 months as there were too much leaks and awakenings through the night. However slowly by degrees and the use of sleepyhead (then) that the gurus here helped me understand my therapy and the improvement began.

You are feeling different. However for analysis of possibly whether the therapy is appropriately in the right direction, download OSCAR so others can infer and provide feedback.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2019, 01:01 PM)intershift Wrote: After I use CPAP machine, I wake up next day and my mind is spacey and hard to concentrate. Anybody else experiencing same problem?

How long have you been using it?  I'd give any new treatment at least a month to get a lot of data points.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I started using CPAP, I was spacey due to lack of sleep. It was a long time before I could tolerate it.
I started using 10mg Ambien the end of August 2018. I started using CPAP regularly in October 2018. About January, I started using 5mg normally and 10mg when I have an 8:00 class. I had daytime sleepiness and memory issues, which I attributed to poor quality sleep. Then I found out that those are side effects of Ambien. So I cut back to 2.5mg and I feel better. I also have my onset insomnia under control. I plan to stop taking the Ambien.
Post Reply Post Reply

I honestly think its your body responding positively to CPAP. Think about it you might have had apneas for years prior to getting treatment.. suddenly your body is getting "good sleep"? It's almost as if you shocked  the system and its adapting to not needing to fight at night anymore.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
This happens to me now and then. Try reducing the humidity by half. If that doesn't work, consider seeing a doc to determine if you have something going on. For me, it's typically sinus problem, although those are rare now with the cpap. I still get them after colds though.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Ohmy Aerophagia is making me lose my mind urachan 9 850 01-01-2024, 05:01 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  Low AHI, tired foggy mind Artanox 72 4,459 05-05-2023, 04:43 AM
Last Post: Apnea23
  new Resmed A10 has mind of its own? coldfeet7 3 737 03-20-2021, 10:40 AM
Last Post: coldfeet7
  I actually don't mind the Cpap anymore but might Give up due to bloat Daso 7 2,983 02-17-2015, 09:33 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.