Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

misc questions
RE: misc questions
No, if your AHI is less than one and you have no other issues you are getting excellent treatment and there is no need to modify anything.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2014, 11:16 PM)roym Wrote: Hi coredump
If my AHI is <1 do you think I still need to adjust pressure. I am trying to see if the Doctor recommended pressure (Based on study done 4yr ago) is still optimal. With pressue =11 I see AHI over 1 month <1 so would you say no need to modify the pressure and I am done.

thx

Seconding what herbm said. At AHI < 5.0, you are getting effective treatment. Less than 1.0, that is amazing. Really high leaks can throw the AHI data off though, so if your leaks are relatively low, then you can trust your AHI numbers.

Great job!

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2014, 09:52 PM)c0reDump Wrote: SleepyHead software can tell you how long events are lasting...
How do you see the duration of an event in SleepyHead?

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2014, 06:29 AM)JimZZZ Wrote:
(03-31-2014, 09:52 PM)c0reDump Wrote: SleepyHead software can tell you how long events are lasting...
How do you see the duration of an event in SleepyHead?

In the daily report, look in the "Events" tab (just below the calendar). The duration-in-seconds is the number in parenthesis next to each event's timestamp. Lowest number you'll see is "10", because an event is not an event unless it lasts 10 seconds.

If you select the event, then all the graphs will zoom to that event.
Post Reply Post Reply
I remember reading somewhere that those numbers in parentheses don't mean seconds.
I know that I regularly see numbers less than 10 beside marked events.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2014, 01:15 PM)Bama Rambler Wrote: I remember reading somewhere that those numbers in parentheses don't mean seconds.
I know that I regularly see numbers less than 10 beside marked events.

Good call -- I stand corrected! Even the wiki for SleepyHead is unsure what the number in parenthesis actually means:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...Events_Tab

Their example clearly shows numbers less than '10', so it can't be seconds... Learned something new today, thanks!

Edit: I painstakingly went through all my data (whopping two months of it, so it didn't take long) and not a single one had a number less than 10. The higher numbered events like 20+ sure do look like it is in seconds to me. Wonder if it depends on the type of machine you have and the version of SleepyHead you are using? I have the S9 AutoSet and SleepyHead version 0.9.4-1 unstable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wondered if different machines handle it differently or maybe the version of Sleepyhead. I may install he unstable version to see if those numbers change.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tip c0reDump. I had not noticed that SleepyHead events could be expanded. Mine range from 10 to 38 and, like you, I see nothing less than 10. Sure looks like seconds to me. What else could it be.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Juniper's questions juniper 4 65 1 hour ago
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 228 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 298 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 439 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,542 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie questions - What am I seeing? lmftit 0 351 09-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: lmftit
Question Hello all! Questions from a newbie... Sprocket89 3 668 06-14-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.