Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

missing data on SD card
Smile 
missing data on SD card
Hi, everyone!
I'm a newbie and still learning about all of this, so please indulge my lack of knowledge. I have a Resmed S9 Elite (Autoset, I think) with the wireless module. I've been using it since May and sleep better than I have in years. My problem is that I called my CRT on 9/16 to have him fax me a compliance report (he printed one previously through June 22) and he said he couldn't find data newer than 7/20/13. So I downloaded Sleepyhead and read my own SD card, but it doesn't have any at before 8/23, then thru 9/22. Huh Any ideas as to why this could happen? I'm a truck driver and need to keep a continuous record of compliance for thee DOT. Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: missing data on SD card
Hi cm57,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Glad to hear you are sleeping better.
Hang in there for answers to your questions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2013, 12:34 AM)cm57 Wrote: Hi, everyone!
I'm a newbie and still learning about all of this, so please indulge my lack of knowledge. I have a Resmed S9 Elite (Autoset, I think) with the wireless module. I've been using it since May and sleep better than I have in years. My problem is that I called my CRT on 9/16 to have him fax me a compliance report (he printed one previously through June 22) and he said he couldn't find data newer than 7/20/13. So I downloaded Sleepyhead and read my own SD card, but it doesn't have any at before 8/23, then thru 9/22. Huh Any ideas as to why this could happen? I'm a truck driver and need to keep a continuous record of compliance for thee DOT. Thanks in advance.

This is from another question but thought this may offer you some answers.

RE: Memory problem with S9 Data Card

The S9s only write on the card the night it happens. What is stores in memory for later is minimal. I would think the program you use will have problems with two cards on the same machine. It won't know which data to transfer over.

I have found that I have to put the card in rather straight in. Too much of an angle and it will lock the card as I slip it in. Annoying as heck. I finally one day just messed with putting it in and taking it out and figured out how to do it.

Instead of looking at a second card, work like mad to train yourself to put the card back in. As soon as you are done with it, put it back. Get into a routine.

I have a habit now that when I reach over to push the ON button, I slide my hand over and make sure the card is there first. You can feel it easy enough. It has saved my butt several times! I only download the data twice a week (Wed and Sat). That way I am sure to not go too long (it only keeps detailed data for 7 days, the biggest flaw the S9 has).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
http://www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
AutoSet and Elite are two different machines, model name printed next to power button
Therapy and compliance data (includes average usage, used hours, days used) stored in the machine internal memory and SD card up to 365 days
If you,re missing some data, more likely the data has been erased

Post Reply Post Reply
Compliance hours can be removed but total hours the machine was on cannot be.

These machines will keep compliance data forever unless it is deleted. It is possible the tech removed it accidentally or on purpose since the dates it stopped and the date it started are close.

Take a new card and put it in the machine. It should then say it will format it. Let it do that (so make sure there's nothing on the card you don't want to lose). If the compliance hours are on the machine, it will be on that card. If it is not, then it has been removed.

Did you set the time on 7/20? Or did the tech? Sometimes, to set the clock properly, data has to be removed/cleared.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, everyone, for all the help. I talked to one of the RTs from my provider and I think I know what happened. So, for anyone else, especially truck drivers, who need to keep this data, I'll try to answer my own question. My machine is actually an Elite, not auto set. Most people who have the wireless module, like I do, only need to prove compliance to their ins. co. for one or two months, so my RT mistakenly set my module to shut off after two or thee months, because it costs them $30 per month in airtime. I think the missing data on the SD card is because every time my RT downloads the data from the server, it removes the data. This is a problem for truck drivers, who have to prove compliance (printouts) for as long as 90 days. The RT I talked to changed the setting on the wireless module to stay on, and I found a card reader with software (I believe it's made by Res Med, but I'm not sure) that allows you to insert your SD card into a slot on the side, and then plugs into a USB port on your computer, so I can print out my own data, in a slightly more official report than Sleepyhead-no offense. It's the size of a flash drive, and costs around $40. I'm not endorsing the site, but the only place I have seen this SD card reader is on a website called cpaponly. I haven't got it yet, so time will tell if it was a good investment. Hope this helps anyone who has the same problem.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 268 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 503 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown. Captain Howdy 2 477 10-11-2023, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 669 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  Missing some OSCAR data?/RM AirSense11 TomWii 2 644 08-12-2023, 04:30 PM
Last Post: TomWii

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.