Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

missing flow rate chart data
RE: missing flow rate chart data
JediMark's info on F&P gives it a grade of D.

With the following remarks:
Negatives

Manufacturer failed to openly document this format.
Fails to keep flow data, even with a potentially huge datastick.
Very low resolution (2 minutes) event data, can't overlay over flow waveform.
Hideously stupid timestamp format.

http://sleepyhead.sourceforge.net/wiki/i...ata_Format

With emphasis on flow waveform data structure:
http://sleepyhead.sourceforge.net/wiki/i..._Structure

Perhaps F&P has some sort of Y2K15 bug?

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, can we find out what program or tool to use, in order to read the 3800KB FLW000x.FPH flow files?

Per below, there ought to be some way to look at the the FLW000x.FPH files, and to compare the 32bit timestamp words written now to the 32bit timestamp words written prior to Dec 30.

I happen to have complete data stick archives from November and December. If the FLW000x.FPH files on the stick today do not possess 2015 timestamps, then the machine is no longer writing the files. If they do possess current timestamps, then we know the machine is still writing flow rate data, but that Sleepyhead can no longer import them.

"This FLW000?.FPH files are constant 3.7Mb in size, and will start a new one when it's full, cycling between 7 files.

Begins with normal 0x200 byte header Followed by a 32bit timestamp, and multiple chunks of sample data for a single session.

Each chunk consists of a repeating pattern of

50 16bit samples,
followed by the 16bit pressure value,
8 bit leak/adjustment value
and a 16bit (0xffff) end-of-record marker
Each chunk ends after the last 0xffff marker with the 16bit end-of-chunk code 0xff7f, and zero padding to the end of a 512byte page, followed by the next block if any (or zeroes till the end of file)

Unsure of any timing issues in between chunks.. (possibly chunks restart aligned to a 2 or 6 minute boundary)"
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect that SH simply doesn't understand the data in 2015 due to the undocumented format. You might try changing the date on the machine to 2014 and see if the flow data comes back. (Assuming you can change the date on the Icon).
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I looked for a way to change the date... there isn't one. You can only change the time. Nowhere in the User's manual is there any mention of setting the date.
Post Reply Post Reply
You need a HEX file reader. I'm sure there are some freeware ones out there.
I sent a PM to jedimark -- no response as to this date.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow all - This reminds me of when I used to write code. I did not like it then and I don't like it now. F&P needs to make the change and it should be easy to do. Thanks for all the efforts guys - lot of work went into your effort.

Buffalo bob
Post Reply Post Reply
So, I compared the FLW files off of my USB stick from last night, against the night before. Even without a HEX reader, I can see that the ICON is still writing flow rate data. I detected changes within the FLW002 and FLW003 files, so I now know that the ICON is still going through its system of archiving to the FLW0001 through FLW0007 files, cycling through them as each 3800KB bucket gets filled up with fresh data.

The problem is evidently with Sleepyhead's ability to pull the data. Hopefully we can get this info to the Sleepyhead developers?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 82 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 8 255 5 hours ago
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 242 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 308 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 112 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 117 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.