Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

moisture in nasel mask
moisture in nasel mask
First off like to thank the forum members who make this forum a valuable resource.

I have been on CPAP therapy since 2010. Knowing even less then I do now, when I was first diagnosed I knew then, that I didn't like the way the Sleep clinic saw me as a cash cow. So I trawled the internet to find a cpap machine and purchased a Sandman Intro.I felt that it wasn't really helping as I still got my 6 hours sleep and didn't make any difference when I was awake. I continued with the therapy as it did stop my snoring and I no longer have to go to the doc for a sore throat and blocked nose. Stopped taking antibotics.

Since I found this forum I have recently acquired an S9 elite and have been averaging between 9 and 8 hrs sleep which I think is good.However I am finding that my mask has a noticable amount of moisture when I remove it in the morning. I never notice this with my Sandman.

I am using the humidifier and climate controll. I don't think it is rainout as this happens even when I remove the humidifier. Any ideas, So far I have tried reducing the humidity and increasing temp for the climate control.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: moisture in nasel mask
It has been my experience that moisture in the mask is from my breath, not the humidifier. There's many a night I roll onto my back only to be awakened by the burning sensation of water in my nose. Just a drop or two but enough.

How cold is your bedroom? If you have the AC running and the room is colder than your breath, and therefore the mask is colder, the condensation will form either in the mask or in the hose (if the humidifier is on).

I have no real idea how to stop it. I've noticed though that mine has decreased since I now sleep with my head covered. We have a fish tank with a noisy filter. I tend to cover my head in order to shut out the noise and go to sleep. That warms up the mask and prevents the condensation.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2012, 04:05 PM)dubbin Wrote: I don't think it is rainout as this happens even when I remove the humidifier.
If its not rainout.....It could be moisture from your own exhaled breath condensing in the mask
Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dubbin, WELCOME! to the forum. The only thing I can think of is, you could try doing without your humidifier for a couple days. Best of luck to you and hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have removed the humidifier and still have moisture, it has to be your breath.
Make sure the all of the vent holes on the mask are not blocked in any way.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moisture with Brevida Nasal Pillows Columbiabill 2 355 12-26-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Travel PAP machines - heat/moisture exchange units - do they work? Bostonsnow 1 752 06-10-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Moisture feel on nose Nick123 8 1,080 11-28-2022, 03:31 PM
Last Post: fishfinderG
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,207 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,748 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,093 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.