Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

mouth breathing
RE: mouth breathing
yep, super glue is the answer and a sure way to wake up dead! (sarcasm here)
Post Reply Post Reply
Well the super glue did the trick. Not one time last night did I breath through my mouth. And my wife says she likes the fact that I don't talk back anymore. So it's a win- win.
It's exactly like that. . . . only totally different. . . . Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Although the glue would have probably worked ( I really didn't do it ). I did do 2 things last night, I know with any experiment you should only change one thing at a time but anyway. This is what I did. A week ago I turned up my min. Pressure from 4 to 6 and my max. From 10 to 12. It was a suggestion made to me after posting my sleepyhead report. I have also been taking ativan (anti anxiety med) and flexeril (muscle relaxer ). So last night I turned down the pressures back to 4 min. And 10 max. And did not take any drugs. I slept all night, got up once for the usual (pee break) which before the c-pap was 2 to 3 times and had no mouth breathing. My eph was 0.7 the min pressure of 4 seems a little low to me. It's almost like I have to labor to breath in, but I do fall to sleep. Tonight I may bump it up to 4.5 and stay off the drugs and see how that goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully you checked to make sure it was okay to stop those 2 meds without a weaning off period. Hopefully you won't need them but you were taking them for a reason so you should check with your doctor. Even something that we consider simple, like metoprolol, has to have a weaning off period. what seems simple and okay to stop immediately isn't always that way.
Post Reply Post Reply
Both those meds are PRN meds to be taken as needed so no need to titrate down from them
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2015, 07:38 AM)sleepybeaver Wrote: Although the glue would have probably worked ( I really didn't do it ). I did do 2 things last night, I know with any experiment you should only change one thing at a time but anyway. This is what I did. A week ago I turned up my min. Pressure from 4 to 6 and my max. From 10 to 12. It was a suggestion made to me after posting my sleepyhead report. I have also been taking ativan (anti anxiety med) and flexeril (muscle relaxer ). So last night I turned down the pressures back to 4 min. And 10 max. And did not take any drugs. I slept all night, got up once for the usual (pee break) which before the c-pap was 2 to 3 times and had no mouth breathing. My eph was 0.7 the min pressure of 4 seems a little low to me. It's almost like I have to labor to breath in, but I do fall to sleep. Tonight I may bump it up to 4.5 and stay off the drugs and see how that goes.

Correction: It was advised to change settings to min. pressure 5 and max to 11...I bumped them to 6 and 12
Post Reply Post Reply
I mouth breathe, so I use a full face mask. Is there any reason that you guys don't?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2015, 07:20 AM)Happiest Wrote: I mouth breathe, so I use a full face mask. Is there any reason that you guys don't?

At this point I would love to use a FFM if it would give me a good sleep but to date I have tried 5 and all leak. I wish the guy with the custom made project was doing it right and were available.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2015, 07:26 AM)Mark Douglas Wrote:
(06-29-2015, 07:20 AM)Happiest Wrote: I mouth breathe, so I use a full face mask. Is there any reason that you guys don't?

At this point I would love to use a FFM if it would give me a good sleep but to date I have tried 5 and all leak. I wish the guy with the custom made project was doing it right and were available.

What FFMs have you tried?

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
DeVilbiss EasyFit SilkGel . Awful for me.
DeVilbiss Quest Full Face CPAP in two sizes. This mask has a built in chin strap if you will and I really hoped it would work but alas no - it wouldn't seal.
Wizard 220 Full Face CPAP Mask two sizes. I have ordered a sheet of 1/32" silicone rubber with the intention of trying to make the Wizard 220 work as it "almost" works.
I have concluded I will have to do my own custom fitting. If the sheet rubber idea doesn't work out I will keep trying until I do find a workable solution.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,095 24 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 21 2 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 362 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 313 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,076 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 802 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.