Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

mouth leaks graph.
RE: mouth leaks graph.
Adjusting your machine yourself has been discussed on the forum at length. Whether the insurance company paid for it, or you did, the key is it's your machine. My Dr is aware that I have adjusted the settings, and I asked for his opinion after I changed them. I bought the same machine they gave me just the next two levels up from what they gave me. I don't see how they can deny me coverage when I am complying with the therapy which is what I am doing. I also need my insurance but I need my therapy correctly too.

Hey you are taking yours into your own hands as well. You are tracking the data keeping on top of it. Just because you are waiting on the Dr doesn't mean you aren't doing your due diligence and that is the key.

Woo Hoo I won the contest, point me! Next one will be yours.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have a good rap with your Doc, and that seems to be working fine for you. Certainly your numbers show how well you're doing. For some, the docs only know how to say "Are you sleeping better?" or something similar. That's the way with my primary care doc. She's a nice person, but has about as much idea what treatment for sleep apnea is about as does the average grocery clerk. Actually, I know some pretty darn smart grocery clerks. So when I went to see her for my annual need it or not checkup last week, she asked me "are you sleeping better." I bombarded her with statistics, changes in my symptoms, the fact that I no longer need certain meds, and just for kickers, a copy of my sleepyhead charts. She was very patient with all of that and said how nice it was that I was sleeping better.

So for you, just keep doing what you're doing the way you're doing it. It's not broken, and as I always say "if it's not broken, break it." But in your case I make an exception.

As far as the insurance is concerned? All they care about is how many hours a night do you use the machine. They wouldn't know a CA from one of Ready's Banana Splits.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2014, 12:35 PM)retired_guy Wrote: You have a good rap with your Doc, and that seems to be working fine for you. Certainly your numbers show how well you're doing. For some, the docs only know how to say "Are you sleeping better?" or something similar. That's the way with my primary care doc. She's a nice person, but has about as much idea what treatment for sleep apnea is about as does the average grocery clerk. Actually, I know some pretty darn smart grocery clerks. So when I went to see her for my annual need it or not checkup last week, she asked me "are you sleeping better." I bombarded her with statistics, changes in my symptoms, the fact that I no longer need certain meds, and just for kickers, a copy of my sleepyhead charts. She was very patient with all of that and said how nice it was that I was sleeping better.

So for you, just keep doing what you're doing the way you're doing it. It's not broken, and as I always say "if it's not broken, break it." But in your case I make an exception.

As far as the insurance is concerned? All they care about is how many hours a night do you use the machine. They wouldn't know a CA from one of Ready's Banana Splits.

I must admit that my family doctor though the cpap was an oxygene machine. He had no idea. He lets the pneumologist handle that. But seriously he should know the basics.

It's funny to think about doctors who usually have the GOd complex, sit there and listen to a bunch of stuff their patient master and they have no clue about. The binary concept of are you sleeping better demonstrates the depth of their analysis. 0 or 1.

As my father in law says "Better is the ennemy of best." Those words of widom allow him to live an happy average life without messing up whats good in it Smile

So last night my CA were up a little. i had 4 CA and 3 OA.

Leaks are very low. Today i think i win Galactus. Lets see.

At 3h00 i dreamed i was chocking. There was a small animal on my face. I think it was like a cat. IT felt so suffocating that it woke me up. A leak happened at the same time. I think it triggered the reaction in the dream.

screenshot

I only slept 7:30 instead of 8 hours. i feel like going back to sleep. Bed I,m way too tired for just half an hour sleep missing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Ghandi, looks like youa re keeping the faith, good for you.

You ever look into The Peter Principle? The whole world sort of revolves around it, even the Dr's and Nurses have it in their systems. It's kinda what your father in law says, but a little stricter.

Sounds like taht dream involved one of Retired Guys tiny puppies, and their furry smells......

It was a really long night and day for me, I'm bushed. I looked at your graph and those are some awesomely good leeak rates, but I think you owe me a cookie. Check this out; (If it was poker I'd say read em and weep);

[Image: 33f6fq1.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
The peter principle makes a lot of sense in regard to why thinks are not working properly.

You had me there. But you are disqualified for not enough leaks. But on the other hand congratulation for your almost perfect night !

Yesterday my leaks were still very low. The ca are down to normal again. My global AHI is almost like it was. But the OA almost all converted into HI since the pressure change.

No signs of induced CA's. I'm ready for that 0,5 increase

I'm feeling energized and well rested again.

So that's the big picture.

screenshot

The only thing left for me while waiting for the appointment is playing with the cflex+.

I was thinking about brging it back to 2. Any thoughts on that?
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job on your results ghandi. I don't think I'd do anything until your appointment. But, that's me... I'm really a super ultra-conservative sort of guy, with a just a few closet liberal tendencies.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2014, 12:40 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Good job on your results ghandi. I don't think I'd do anything until your appointment. But, that's me... I'm really a super ultra-conservative sort of guy, with a just a few closet liberal tendencies.

Lolabove

*Gandhi restrains himself from starting a political conversation.

Thanks retired guy!!!

Damn, I have to find a new hobby! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Ghandi, nice results, last night was .52 for me, this cold has really run its course and I would hope I am done. I'll be posting my last 7 days in the other thread for the guys and gals that have been helping me, and then I am going to bump up my PS by 1 as was suggested and start my next week. Last nights pressure was up a bit for me, but I did ok.

IMHO the whole Cflex/Biflex thing will have very small effects on nothing, as it is strictly a comfort feature, I would leave it at 3 as it offers the most relief, and really the differences are quite slight. But that's just my 2 cents worth.

You are seeming to do well and your Dr is cooperating well so all good, but yes a bump up will likely help you out too.

And as to our leak competition, we're both winning and that's the best news.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 353 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 278 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 308 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 225 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 132 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 157 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 105 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.