Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

mouth leaks graph.
RE: mouth leaks graph.
(09-24-2014, 01:13 PM)retired_guy Wrote: With the numbers you are seeing I think you could leave everything alone for as long as you wish. So if you don't want to do anything until your Drs. appointment in November, I don't see a problem with that.

I also don't think a 1/2 point increase in pressure would necessarily trigger any CA's or greater leaks. But wait and see what the doc thinks. My guess is he'll say "way cool, don't do jack!"

No, I wouldn't futz with the cflex at this point.

But then, I don't much believe in futzing with stuff anyhow.

Well i'm not sure i want to increase the pressure anymore because from 7 to 8 i started to have leaks. I'm in my seconds week of 8cm and still adapting to the leaks. I've had a couple of really sleepy days in those 2 weeks.

Maybe, like you say from 8 to 8.5, there would't be much difference because the leaks are already there.

When i get home i'll check to see if there is an increase in CA since the pressure was raised. NOw that i think about i dont think i had CA as often before. But i'll check with real numbers instead my impression. Anyways the total amount of apneas and the duration have lowered tremendously.

I think you are rigth about the doc. I will think about it to be sure because i know if i arrive there asking to raise it from .5 with a counter prescription he will most likely accept.

He has been really cool with me.

The problem is he doest like auto pap yet. So i'm not sure he'd be willing to let me off the hook with auto pap. But then again for the moment i'm stuck with that machine for 5 years before i can get a new one Smile
I think this would allow me to have the pressure a little higher without leaks.

Thx for you time.

My indecisive ass, sincerly appreciate it Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, so I will impart to you some very funny words (at least I found them funny) when they were imparted to me by Archangle of this board. He said, and I quote "Dude, you are obsessing, leave it alone for at least a week, and then if you change anything it is just as an exercise not a need".

Your charts pretty damn good, and you should be very happy with it.

You have no leaks to speak of. And if you raised 1/2 point pressure you'd still have no leaks. But really you're good. Check it again in a week or two.

If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2014, 06:34 PM)Galactus Wrote: Ok, so I will impart to you some very funny words (at least I found them funny) when they were imparted to me by Archangle of this board. He said, and I quote "Dude, you are obsessing, leave it alone for at least a week, and then if you change anything it is just as an exercise not a need".

Your charts pretty damn good, and you should be very happy with it.

You have no leaks to speak of. And if you raised 1/2 point pressure you'd still have no leaks. But really you're good. Check it again in a week or two.

Laugh-a-lot that is indeed both funny and relevant.

Not looking at the report in the morning is going to be very hard.
Since the pressure has been raised the numbers are better but i feel very tired almost everyday. It could be coincidental and be related to something else. But tere is a corellation between my tiredness and the the pressure adjustment. This does't mean causation but still it enough to feeds my obsession.

When i start feeling as good as when the pressure was at 7 i promise i'll go cold turkey for a lest a week Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I thought you were feeling better based on this quote;

(09-23-2014, 07:13 AM)Ghandi Wrote: today i feel ok. Not so energized but i'm not yawning like i have been yawning ever since i got the new pressure setting.

If you still aren't feeling well that is a different story.

When you were lower were you not feeling better either and so they raised the pressure to make you feel better? How long have you been on CPAP? Some people don't start feeling "great" for longer, others notice more immediate improvement.

If you are feeling better steadily that is a good sign, for me that is how it started (by the way I also obsess because I can lol) But you should still be feeling better. IMHO on that chart you should be feeling better, I have a similar machine and my graphs are just about yours and I am feeling better. I am 8 months in or so now. I can show you some of my graphs if they will make you feel better Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2014, 03:35 PM)Galactus Wrote: Ok I thought you were feeling better based on this quote;

(09-23-2014, 07:13 AM)Ghandi Wrote: today i feel ok. Not so energized but i'm not yawning like i have been yawning ever since i got the new pressure setting.

If you still aren't feeling well that is a different story.

When you were lower were you not feeling better either and so they raised the pressure to make you feel better? How long have you been on CPAP? Some people don't start feeling "great" for longer, others notice more immediate improvement.

If you are feeling better steadily that is a good sign, for me that is how it started (by the way I also obsess because I can lol) But you should still be feeling better. IMHO on that chart you should be feeling better, I have a similar machine and my graphs are just about yours and I am feeling better. I am 8 months in or so now. I can show you some of my graphs if they will make you feel better Big Grin

I have been paping for like 5 monts now. Most of it was at 7cm. I started to see improvement in the first week. and then it was on and off and after like 3 months i was flying. Live had never been so good. Instead of naping all weekend i actually could live.

But then my graphs wasnt perfect. A little over 2 AHI. Not that i had so many events but they were actually long. Some of them 45 seconds. And mostly on my back. So i figured it would be best for my health to get it fixed instead of wearing a backpack not to sleep on my back. I talked about it with the doc and he agreed. but since the pressure has change. (tomorow it will be 2 full weeks) I feel tired again.

I have been naping during the weekend. Had trouble finding energy exercising. I,ve been yawning and feeling drowsy at work. It makes me think of my first month on pap. This morning i almost took the day off to go back to sleep.

I'm under the impression that my mouth opening disrupts my sleep. Even if i dont recall(well i recall a couple of time)

Maybe it's just the stress of the new pressure. So i'm hoping it will get better. But in november when i see the doc, if i dont start feeling good again i'm thinking maybe i should go back to 7.

I was doing really at 7. It feel like i started paping all over again.

I dont think seeing your graph will make me feel any better Wink But i'd be curious to take a look at it Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, so I started at 18, and my leak rate was much higher than yours, and I was doing really well. The issue for me was the pressure situation, and so maybe to me the difference between 7 and 7.5 is like 0. Though I understand everyone is different and so maybe for you it is a huge difference, though honestly I don't see it, especially not in your graphs. But I certainly don't know much of anything as based on the others here. Now I went out and bought a BIPAP to reduce my pressure since no one would give me one and now I am set at 13/20 which results usually in 13/17 max's, still high for you but for me the difference has been incredible in so far as half or more of my night spent at 13 rather than at 18 100% of the time. But you still should be feeling better.

Take a look here, those are 14+ of my graphs in the last month, start at the last page to see the most current graphs. You will see my recorded rates vs yours and see why on average you don't look to have a high leak rate. I hope that helps you and I can tell you anything you'd like to know about my experiences.

Here's the link;

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...tc?page=13
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2014, 07:53 AM)Ghandi Wrote: Not looking at the report in the morning is going to be very hard.
Since the pressure has been raised the numbers are better but i feel very tired almost everyday. It could be coincidental and be related to something else. But tere is a corellation between my tiredness and the the pressure adjustment. This does't mean causation but still it enough to feeds my obsession.

When i start feeling as good as when the pressure was at 7 i promise i'll go cold turkey for a lest a week Smile

I have been doing this for awhile too. I download my results and look at them every day. They're kind of boring, and I tell myself I don't need to look at them. My AHI stays between darn little and nothing at all. It was not always that way. I think you are paralleling my experience in a number of ways.

First of all you had early on success in feeling much better. Then, with passage of a little time, the "yawns" set in, and you feel like you are not as rested as you were in the beginning. But you are. Your body is healing and repairing. The initial "high" of a great nights sleep has worn off and you are now in the ongoing process of slow but sure improvement in all aspects of your health.

A short nap in the afternoon is not a sign of failure, it is a sign of something you "get" to do rather than "must" do. I like my short naps in the afternoon, or when Mrs. R_G is in the grocery store and I'm puppy sitting in the car. I'm 71, and I've earned that.

I thought I would never quit "yawning" all the time. But I enjoyed that so much because with my respiratory issues "yawning" hasn't been anything I could much do in the past. So "yawning" is a good thing.

Where I am gently hoping to see you go is to move to that "sweet spot." It's a matter of finding the right mix of maximum and minimum pressures, mask use, and possibly epr settings. In your case you're on straight cpap so I would focus on your pressure and your mask and leakage issues.

Inotherwords, don't fret about the "tiredness" you are currently experiencing. It really is nothing compared to the physical exhaustion you used to live with on a daily basis, without even knowing it. That's part of the growth process. You won't always feel as bright eyed and bushy tailed as you did at the high school prom, but you're getting better.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2014, 07:44 PM)Galactus Wrote: Ok, so I started at 18:

Geezzzzzzzzz, you've been doing this for a LLLOOONNNGGGGG time!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
My test for whether I had a good night's sleep or not takes place when I first put feet on the floor. If I stop and stretch for a full 10 ~ 15 seconds, I've slept well. If not, then not. YMMV This may just be me and not you but I'd like to hear if others do that as well. It just makes sense that if your muscles have been really relaxed for several hours, you'd want to stretch them to wake them up to condition them for the day ahead.

Then I take a look at my AHI readout and sometimes it ruins my whole day. I try to avoid that but it keeps beckoning me like the check engine light on my car.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll tell you my test is the "fly-off-the-hand-o-meter" as in how many stupid things have to happen before I get actually annoyed. And then there is the wife test, if I can get through the week without her telling me what a &**&%$$ I am being than I know I am on the right track. There is also the fall asleep test.

In the old days my limit before I git really annoyed was about .25, nowadays I can go about 10-15 even Big Grin
In the old days the wife would tell me at least 3x a day that I was being a %$&#@ Now I am down to once a week Big Grin
In the old days I'd fall asleep as soon as I got in the car. Nowadays I hardly ever fall asleep in the car unless I plan to Big Grin

And I have to say a lot of what retired guy said is very true in relation to how I went through the different phases and I really am still going through them, because even now though I may feel tired, it is not like it was.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 4 55 22 minutes ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 391 03-27-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 290 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 321 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 245 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 143 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 162 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.