Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

mouth leaks graph.
mouth leaks graph.
Good morning everyone,

I was wondering if this graph showed too many leaks.
I had my chin strap on but it was not tigth enough so it did not work. Or it came off some part of the night.

screenshot

It does't wake me up all the time. I remember it waking me up once. IT's funny because in my dreams i was looking at sleephead leaks graph and it was like realtime and i spoted the leak. Then i woke up.

I sleep with earplugs. And today i feel ok. Not so energized but i'm not yawning like i have been yawning ever since i got the new pressure setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: mouth leaks graph.
Sleepyhead shows total leak rate -- that which is built into the mask vents plus the unintentional leaks.
Looks like your unintentional leaks are OK (blue line.)
You had 3 centrals, 8 hypos and 1 RE in 8.5 hours. (With one break!)

IMHO: looks OK to me.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The line has always been blue. Can it become anything else than blue from mouth leaks?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2014, 12:10 PM)Ghandi Wrote: The line has always been blue. Can it become anything else than blue from mouth leaks?

And it's below the magic number of 24 LPM. Which is considered where the xPAP machine can no longer deliver therapy.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
24 would be the leak rate? Not the total leak, rigth?
So if the leak dont wake me up, i dont need a chin strap?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2014, 12:52 PM)Ghandi Wrote: 24 would be the leak rate? Not the total leak, rigth?
So if the leak dont wake me up, i dont need a chin strap?

24 is the line graph number on the left. If you go above 24 for a length of time they consider the therapy to be infective because the leak rate is too high. You are below that, and that your leak rate is ok. Not a cause for concern or a cause for a chinstrap. IMHO.

Also note under the pie chart that line that says Time Over Leak Redline 0%, that indicates you are fine as well.

If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thx !
I got it.

Last nigth i tried without the chin strap.
Here is the graph.

screenshot

The chin strap doest seems to increase the leaks instead of lowering it.
IT's funny because Ms. Ghandi told me i was speaking during my sleep at the end of the night. Thats where you can spot the leaks for last night.

The leaks did't wake me up. I dont think i'll use the strap anymore. But i'll have to continue using the ear plugs i guess.

How about those RE? Could it be scored and not be an arousal?

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2014, 07:58 AM)Ghandi Wrote: IT's funny because Ms. Ghandi told me i was speaking during my sleep at the end of the night. I dont think i'll use the strap anymore. But i'll have to continue using the ear plugs i guess.

Maybe Ms. Ghandi should use the earplugs?

I don't understand the RE graphs from your product line well so I'll not offer a comment.

Your graph looks tremendous though. I crummy little Central that was probably just a false alarm, and a handful of Hypops which are nothing more than OA's that never had the opportunity to grow up...... Great results.

If you want to try to fine tune things, you could increase your pressure to 8 1/2 instead of 8. But not more than that. See if that makes the bulk of your hypops go away.

Good job Ghandi!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2014, 11:23 AM)retired_guy Wrote:
(09-24-2014, 07:58 AM)Ghandi Wrote: IT's funny because Ms. Ghandi told me i was speaking during my sleep at the end of the night. I dont think i'll use the strap anymore. But i'll have to continue using the ear plugs i guess.

Maybe Ms. Ghandi should use the earplugs?

I don't understand the RE graphs from your product line well so I'll not offer a comment.

Your graph looks tremendous though. I crummy little Central that was probably just a false alarm, and a handful of Hypops which are nothing more than OA's that never had the opportunity to grow up...... Great results.

If you want to try to fine tune things, you could increase your pressure to 8 1/2 instead of 8. But not more than that. See if that makes the bulk of your hypops go away.

Good job Ghandi!
hey thx to you Retired guy Smile

Too-funny Yeah she going to have to go back to using ear plugs. BEfore the cpap i was snoring ..like no one else ...So she is used to ear plugs

I still get a couple of CA and OA here and there. The maximum i got with the new pressure is 5. When i'm more tired i think i get more CAs.

Dont you think increasing the pressure will lead to more leaks?

For the Hi they look like variation of the flow. Sometimes a couple of them look like a corrected apnes that did't happen but most of them really look a small decrease of the breath coming back to normal. Before my hi were flat lined untill i restarted breathing.

I dont really play with the pressure myself so i'd have to ask the doc in november.

Do you think i could play with the cflex+ and lower it to see the effect on the hypopneas before i ask the doc?
Post Reply Post Reply
With the numbers you are seeing I think you could leave everything alone for as long as you wish. So if you don't want to do anything until your Drs. appointment in November, I don't see a problem with that.

I also don't think a 1/2 point increase in pressure would necessarily trigger any CA's or greater leaks. But wait and see what the doc thinks. My guess is he'll say "way cool, don't do jack!"

No, I wouldn't futz with the cflex at this point.

But then, I don't much believe in futzing with stuff anyhow.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 2 103 Yesterday, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Hurdsy
  Dry mouth and throat. VegasGMC 3 109 04-15-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 444 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 11 810 04-02-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 7 632 03-29-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 4 199 03-29-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 359 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.