Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

mouth leaks graph.
RE: mouth leaks graph.
Galactus i tool a look at your screenshot and your history. So it has been a long way before you got it rigth Smile First you had a brick. And then you had to adapt to this. Congratulation on your journey. It's inspiring.

Retired guy On the weekend i was falling asleep in the living room. So the nap was mandatory. 1h30 nap that a big nap. And i was able to sleep my full 8 hours the same night. Our story seems really similar. I've had that part adapting in the first 2 months where i would miss that sweet spot that eventually came back. Like you said my body was healing. What i find hard is beeing back there into adapting mode.

There are a couple of factors i have indentified that all occured during the same perdiod. Lots of stress. TRaning for a race. My schedule has been erratic and down here in canada the weather is starting to get cold. Fall as really started. And with fall and temperature change lots of ppl catch the flu. Around here it's epidemic in seasonal change.

So i did't have my sinus as straight has usual. At first i thoug the pressure change. But then i identified i probably had a mild flu. I also suffer from chronic allergies. So my allergie medication was masking the symptoms

If it's not the pressure change it could exhaustion because of an overloaded schedule. Which is not so loaded for a normal person. But with the etra energy i gained from the pap i jumped from sedentary to exercising like 5 hours per week. Running 10 km. Actually i'm registered for a 10 km race this weekend.
Maybe i pushed too hard and i just need to rest more. But part of my think maybe if i did't add the pressure change to all this , maybe i would not be adapting. Does it sould logical?

Last night i was really tired . This morning i feel better ..but my graph is horrible.I seem to have more and more central apneas. Way more then before the pressure change. BEfore they used to beobtructive more then central. Maybe it's a causation of beeing more tired. Even the leaks went over the limit last night.

screenshot

Things that make you go hummm
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes your chart isn't as pretty as it used to be. But lots going on in your life. Anything can cause the CA's to spike a little, and they may or may not be true CA's. If you do have a cold, or flu; if you are taking meds for a cold or flu; if you worked out exceptionally hard and as a result were really tired as you say; if your leak rates go high for some reason; anything can goof you up for a day or so.

But overall we know you're doing great. Just work on fixing the leaks, and getting over any cold or flu. In the meantime even though your ahi came up, it's still in the your doing fine range.

So your running a 10km race? I would get tired just watching a 10km race.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2014, 07:44 PM)Galactus Wrote: Ok, so I started at 18, and my leak rate was much higher than yours, and I was doing really well. The issue for me was the pressure situation, and so maybe to me the difference between 7 and 7.5 is like 0. Though I understand everyone is different and so maybe for you it is a huge difference, though honestly I don't see it, especially not in your graphs. But I certainly don't know much of anything as based on the others here. Now I went out and bought a BIPAP to reduce my pressure since no one would give me one and now I am set at 13/20 which results usually in 13/17 max's, still high for you but for me the difference has been incredible in so far as half or more of my night spent at 13 rather than at 18 100% of the time.

Galactus,

I'm don't understand how using a bipap reduced your pressure needs.Thanks if that is the case, I want one. My 95% pressure is just under 20.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2014, 11:07 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Yes your chart isn't as pretty as it used to be. But lots going on in your life. Anything can cause the CA's to spike a little, and they may or may not be true CA's. If you do have a cold, or flu; if you are taking meds for a cold or flu; if you worked out exceptionally hard and as a result were really tired as you say; if your leak rates go high for some reason; anything can goof you up for a day or so.

But overall we know you're doing great. Just work on fixing the leaks, and getting over any cold or flu. In the meantime even though your ahi came up, it's still in the your doing fine range.

So your running a 10km race? I would get tired just watching a 10km race.

Maybe it's not the flu. Maybe its just my sinus beeing a little dry because of the temperature change. Its hard to tell. Time will help me sort it out.

For the leaks i hope it will resorbe.

The good thing is, today i have been feeling energized ever since i woke up Smile So the leaks probably dont disturb my sleep as much as i though.

10 km is not as long as we think. I started doing like forest gump and before i knew it i was running 10km. The weirdest thing ...i actually never though i'd say this, but running is fun.
Post Reply Post Reply
I drove 10 km once. It was fun.

Just saw my primary care doc yesterday for my annual once a year whether you need it or not appointment.

She said she wanted me to walk more.

I thought: "and we just went to all the trouble of getting this apap thing going so I'd quit walking back and forth to the bathroom at night all the time...."
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2014, 11:22 AM)readyforsleep Wrote:
(09-25-2014, 07:44 PM)Galactus Wrote: Ok, so I started at 18, and my leak rate was much higher than yours, and I was doing really well. The issue for me was the pressure situation, and so maybe to me the difference between 7 and 7.5 is like 0. Though I understand everyone is different and so maybe for you it is a huge difference, though honestly I don't see it, especially not in your graphs. But I certainly don't know much of anything as based on the others here. Now I went out and bought a BIPAP to reduce my pressure since no one would give me one and now I am set at 13/20 which results usually in 13/17 max's, still high for you but for me the difference has been incredible in so far as half or more of my night spent at 13 rather than at 18 100% of the time.

Galactus,

I'm don't understand how using a bipap reduced your pressure needs.Thanks if that is the case, I want one. My 95% pressure is just under 20.

OP sorry to go off topic here, I just want to take a moment to explain this and it is rather simple so I'll try and be quick.

readyforsleep, it is quite easy to understand how the bipap lowered my pressure needs. It goes as follows; I went for my sleep study, I was told I need a cpap machine, my script was for 18. I was issued a brick, set at 18. That meant 100% of my night was spent at 18 pressure. When I bought the bipap I set it at 13/20. That meant exhaling would be a minimum of 13 and inhaling a maximum of 20. On my first night and pretty much since the EPAP has not really gone above 14, and the IPAP has averaged about 16 with spikes of 17 and 18. So just for the sake of fast averages, if you know on my brick I was at 18 100% of the time, and just guess that we exhale half as much as we inhale than right off the bat the bipap saves me 5 pressure points for 50% of the night. Then factor the average IPAP has been about 16 and that saves me another 2 sometimes 3 pressure points on the other 50% of the night and well you see where I am going with this? So overall I am down quite a substantial amount of pressure over the course of the night. Forget the Cflex vs Biflex or any of that just the straight pressure changes helped me a lot.

If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ghandi, yah looks like you had a crummy night there, but you read my thread, you saw me have a few like that. Remember, it's not about 1 night, it's about all the nights as a complete picture. Like a big puzzle you have to pay attention to all the pieces. You're going to have awesome nights, and crappy nights and the rest down the middle. You gotta toss out the highs, toss out the lows and look at the averages. Unless that lousy night starts to become a trend you shouldn't worry to much about it. Just keep on keeping on and stay vigilant, but so far you look like you are doing pretty well overall, imho.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Galactus your are rigth about the big picture. Also looking at your leaks helped me to compare with mine. It's funny because you also had the "having a cold" episode Smile

retired guy walking can also be a great activity to get away from Mrs from time to time. When they said it's good for health i always have that in mind Smile

Ok, it's too soon to claim victory but i'm feeling good again today. And things are getting under control. The panic from those "fairly small leaks" is going away.

screenshot
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2014, 07:21 AM)Ghandi Wrote: Galactus your are rigth about the big picture. Also looking at your leaks helped me to compare with mine. It's funny because you also had the "having a cold" episode Smile

retired guy walking can also be a great activity to get away from Mrs from time to time. When they said it's good for health i always have that in mind Smile

Ok, it's too soon to claim victory but i'm feeling good again today. And things are getting under control. The panic from those "fairly small leaks" is going away.

screenshot

Those results look good Ghandi. Good job that!

..as far as walking can be a great activity to get away from Mrs. R_G for awhile and is good for my health? She's out for a nice long walk now. So that's good for my health. Win-Win.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2014, 11:22 AM)retired_guy Wrote:
(09-27-2014, 07:21 AM)Ghandi Wrote: Galactus your are rigth about the big picture. Also looking at your leaks helped me to compare with mine. It's funny because you also had the "having a cold" episode Smile

screenshot

Those results look good Ghandi. Good job that!

..as far as walking can be a great activity to get away from Mrs. R_G for awhile and is good for my health? She's out for a nice long walk now. So that's good for my health. Win-Win.

Lolabove
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 4 59 38 minutes ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 392 03-27-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 290 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 321 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 245 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 143 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 162 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.