Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

mouth leaks graph.
RE: mouth leaks graph.
Any change can trigger those goofy things Ghandi. But really, your numbers look fine. So I would just keep everything where it's at for a few days and see if the CA's don't calm down.

Once the dust settles really well, I still think an increase of your pressure to 8.5 will knock down the rest of your hypop events. But, let's see if the CA's slow down first.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2014, 11:48 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Any change can trigger those goofy things Ghandi. But really, your numbers look fine. So I would just keep everything where it's at for a few days and see if the CA's don't calm down.

Once the dust settles really well, I still think an increase of your pressure to 8.5 will knock down the rest of your hypop events. But, let's see if the CA's slow down first.

You are rigth, i looked at the settings and there is no correlation between more CA and cflex+ at 2 or 3. Really it's random. So i'll leave it like this for a while and just watch.

I'm also more and more convinced about asking for the 8.5 raise to remove the Hi. Since i calmed down and realized the small leaks were not responsible for my tiredness and that i feel energized again, i think it's the rigth thing to do.

November isn't too far Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Ghandi, I think the cold isn't helping either. I had a so-so night myself, it's the nature of the beast.

Look at Retired_Guy, well don't look at him too long because you'll turn to a pillar of salt.... but take a look at him, some days he is nice and polite, other days he's .... well let's just say less than his usual impolite self Big Grin That's how it goes, some good some bad, but gotta keep on keepin on.

Also cflex likely isn't having any bearing as it is more a comfort feature. And raising my pressure has helped me too. I intend per my thread to raise it again as soon as cold is over.

Seems like we are running the course, here was my eh so-so night;

[Image: 2ii8kue.jpg]
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
A very small increase might put an end to the hypops and calm down the flow limit. When I got to the point you're at I increased the minimum a little, and also increased the EPR (my equivalent to your c-flex) and knocked down virtually all remaining events. My ahi for the last 7 days is zero. Not too bad for an old fart.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2014, 08:18 PM)retired_guy Wrote: A very small increase might put an end to the hypops and calm down the flow limit. When I got to the point you're at I increased the minimum a little, and also increased the EPR (my equivalent to your c-flex) and knocked down virtually all remaining events. My ahi for the last 7 days is zero. Not too bad for an old fart.

Yah as soon as this cold goes away that is my plan. I appreciate the information as well.

Now keep the old gas to yourself, I knew there was a smell I was unable to identify, and now I know what it is. RG old wind eeew

Post Reply Post Reply
Galactus, untill your cold is done you should not even look at your data. Except that its a good indicator to see when the cold is gone Wink

Your leaks are well under control too. You will probably get the chance to try the pressure increase before me because i'm waiting for the doc.

Last night i only had 2 CA and 2 OA so i think the dust is settling down quicker than we thought retired guy.

I noticed the more i recall my dreams the more CA's i had. I think some of the events are triggered by whats going on in my dreams

screenshot
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job Ghandi. Both of you guys are doing very well indeed.

I got to worrying about whether or not my machine was working right since I haven't had an event in 7 days, so last night I held my breath for 12 seconds before I went to sleep. Sure enough, event count 1 this morning. Guess the machine still works. Maybe it's time to "tweak" something.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know I shouldn't, but you know I just can't help myself. I just have to look!

I was all for the Dr thing until I found out my machine recorded no data and the settings they were adjusting were just by what I was saying and they were basically just shooting leaves in the breeze. Don't get me wrong, they were very nice and all, but I think I'd rather have the data and then adjust accordingly. This is my treatment, and I feel I have to take control of it to insure I get the best possible outcome. Not to say you or anyone else should do other than what the Dr recommends, but at the same time trust but verify is important to insure you are getting what you need. I'm very happy the people here talked me into getting a better machine, and I'm glad you have a better machine. I wish I knew what I know now when I started so I could have gotten it from the start, but then hindsight is always 20/20. I have no regrets (yet).

I looked at yours today and I just want to say that "My leaks can beat up your leaks" lol. I think this is like my lowest leak day ever too or maybe my second lowest. Anyway it's in there Big Grin

Oh and those bad dreams, stop thinking about that RG in your dreams, I know he's like Freddy Kruger and all but trust me he can't get you while you're sleeping.

[Image: 16020lj.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2014, 11:12 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Good job Ghandi. Both of you guys are doing very well indeed.

I got to worrying about whether or not my machine was working right since I haven't had an event in 7 days, so last night I held my breath for 12 seconds before I went to sleep. Sure enough, event count 1 this morning. Guess the machine still works. Maybe it's time to "tweak" something.

hahahah The if it aint broken dont try to fix it rule, is the hardest to follow Smile

When someones reaches the point of selfinducing apnea, you know the therapy cant get any better.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2014, 11:16 AM)Galactus Wrote: I know I shouldn't, but you know I just can't help myself. I just have to look!

I was all for the Dr thing until I found out my machine recorded no data and the settings they were adjusting were just by what I was saying and they were basically just shooting leaves in the breeze. Don't get me wrong, they were very nice and all, but I think I'd rather have the data and then adjust accordingly. This is my treatment, and I feel I have to take control of it to insure I get the best possible outcome. Not to say you or anyone else should do other than what the Dr recommends, but at the same time trust but verify is important to insure you are getting what you need. I'm very happy the people here talked me into getting a better machine, and I'm glad you have a better machine. I wish I knew what I know now when I started so I could have gotten it from the start, but then hindsight is always 20/20. I have no regrets (yet).

I looked at yours today and I just want to say that "My leaks can beat up your leaks" lol. I think this is like my lowest leak day ever too or maybe my second lowest. Anyway it's in there Big Grin

Oh and those bad dreams, stop thinking about that RG in your dreams, I know he's like Freddy Kruger and all but trust me he can't get you while you're sleeping.

[Image: 16020lj.jpg]

Well i dont have any problems with ppl adjuting their machine if they feel confortable doing it. I've been wondering tho, what if the doctor knows you are adjusting it yourself? Do you have a follow up with him? FOr the insurance and the next prescription maybe it could get harder to get a new machine again?

I think my main concern here is i wouldt be able to use some used cpap so i need to stay in the system.

It's great that you got your therapy into your own hands.

I've got to give it to you, last night you won the almost no leak contest Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 39 Yesterday, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 383 03-27-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 290 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 318 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 235 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 141 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 162 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.