Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

my Aircurve 10 ASV sounds like a calf looking for its mother Cow!
my Aircurve 10 ASV sounds like a calf looking for its mother Cow!
So, this started happening a few weeks ago. Someone actually posted a youtube video with the same issue:

https://youtu.be/Pp_xMg3sHlg

The sounds changes pitch as you breath in and out.
From my googling, this sounds like a common issue with this machine. 
Has anyone else has this, it must be a bearing in the motor.

I got it new, it now has 5391 hours

As it stands, I have not been using my CPAP for a while now.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: my Aircurve 10 ASV sounds like a calf looking for its mother Cow!
And no, it is not the tank, the tank was casing a 'clicking sound' which I fixed by getting a new on a few months ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had to laugh at your thread title.
But that does sound awful. I wouldn’t be able to sleep with that noise either.

By any chance it this machine under warranty?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My ASV has not made noises such as yours, but it's probably needing a checkup at the local vet. Mmmoooooooo
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think an AirCurve 10 can be set to straight CPAP. I'd probably switch it straight CPAP mode, without EPR, to see if it still makes the noise. Maybe test it at higher pressures. There is no inhale/exhale, it is just blowing air.

If it doesn't make any noise, especially under stress, then it might not be the motor or a bearing. If it does, unfortunately you're back to square one on it, but it may still be a leak or some seal issue. Then maybe you can contact your DME, or Resmed, and see if you can get it replaced/repaired.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
Classic. We have heard this before, and it is a "pneumatic block" failure. It is normally replaced under warranty.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all, I will call the DME I got it from and see if what they say. I sure hope it is under warranty, otherwise, I will be done with CPAP. And I just got a new mask! I was hoping to try it out!.
Post Reply Post Reply
That machine will be exchanged with no complaints from Resmed. Don't be so willing to accept less.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fortunately my ASV hasn't failed like that either.

You could always pull the humidifier tank and open the filter retainer door (remove all potential user influences - uncorked) and run it in test mode and see if it still makes noise.  I'm guessing it will.  But then your DME won't be able to point the finger at you or something you are doing as being the cause.

Please keep us posted.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
One thing I forgot to mention, it starts out fine, and only starts making the noise after a few hours, around 2 in the morning. 
This also coincided with another issue I reported where it would start blasting high air volume causing the mask to leak.  SO I got the new mask, Airfit F20 FF, that's when this other noise got worse. (Or the mask 'face farts' were masking this noise)

I just called the DME, they said because I did not buy my supplies from them, they don't have record of when I changes filters and masks, so it may be my problem for not following the procedures of replacement on a regular bases. They will have someone call me back. 

I thought I could call Resmed directly, but do not see any contact information on their web site.

Can I go to another DME, even though I did not buy it from them?

Going on to day 7 of no CPAP, and yes, I am noticing it ( For the worse).
I guess you could say I wore my CPAP until the cows came home!

I will post back with results.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 301 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 564 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,512 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,356 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.