Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

my Aircurve 10 ASV sounds like a calf looking for its mother Cow!
RE: my Aircurve 10 ASV sounds like a calf looking for its mother Cow!
The DME you purchased the machine from has the ability to work with Resmed on warranty issues. Don't let them use stupid excuses not to service the warranty...it is not contingent on what mask you use or even changing filters. They are being butt-heads, and at some point, you can remind them that is why you don't buy your supplies from them.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found this number for Resmed for "Customer Assistance including Technical and Patient Support:"

1 (800) 424-0737

John
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all, I just talked to the DME I bought the unit from, said it is out of warranty and I would have to pay for any repair ( It is over 2 years, and they only warranty for 2 years). They are willing to have me come in, and get a loaner while mine is sent in. But first they need a referral from one of their doctors, so they want me to first go see their doctor before they can do anything. I do not go to that hospital as they started charging an office fee, which the insurance does not cover.

Wife told me to just forget it, she will get ear plugs, I'll try calling that number of the resmed customer assistance.

So Sleeprider, this "pneumatic block" failure you talked about, would this be something resmed would know about?

Another night without CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed knows about the pneumatic block failure and has replaced a number of machines. Your machine is a very expensive one and worth repairing. Your DME should have offered to get a repair estimate and made the calls on this because Resmed often repairs this defect beyond the warranty period. Also, you can get an estimate for the blower replacement (pneumatic block) from an authorized repair facility. Click on the link to Supplier #27 and you will see email and phone contacts for them. They have participated on the forum in the past and are very honest and straight-forward and will tell you the cost and time to repair your ASV on the phone. That will at least give you a solid number to base your decision on.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update:
Got my machine fixed, $200 after insurance, no more noise. But now my mask leaks like a sieve(sp?)
Post Reply Post Reply
Probably time for a new mask or mask cushion. These are common replacement items. If you have a change in fit, then your supplier should be able to help you get something that seals well. Due to the virus crisis, it may be hard to schedule an appointment. Consider replacing the mask cushion at the best online price.

Glad to hear your machine was repaired. That ASV is definitely worth the $200 repair. Did you rDME send it out for repair, or did you use Supplier #27?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
The company sent it to resmed I believe, and I also got new mask and head gear and hose and filters.

I wonder if the issue was caused because I did not change the filters often enough. I have been changing them every month from now on.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think keeping up on maintenance is a good idea, and Resmed has amended the warranty to exclude damage from the use of ozone sanitizers as well. While it does not happen often, we are aware of a low incidence of this failure, and I don't think you are to blame. As soon as you described the problem, I knew what it was and that it is covered by warranty.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
That was a great youtube video by the way. Almost, small amount louder, the same as my resmed aircurve 10 was sounding...

After repair by Supplier #27 it is smooth and quiet.

Same as SR said it was the pneumatic block.

Glad you were able to get it fixed...

Sleep-well
My worst night on CPAP is 10X better than my best night without it  Eat-popcorn 
Good night Chesty, wherever you are..Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply
Same problem with AirSense 10. I’m on my third unit. I’m very discouraged. DME supplier seems willing to exchange them monthly.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 314 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 581 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,517 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 210 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,245 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 89 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,364 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.