Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

my first report, ahi down to 15, is cpap working?
my first report, ahi down to 15, is cpap working?
i got my card reader, so i want to know if my cpap is working for me?
sleep study said 4 -apneas and 4 central apneas, doc. wants my spo2 to show a strait line
spo2 is why i am trying cpap.
i had the surgery 20 years ago and was told it worked.

it only let me post two attachments?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: my first report, ahi down to 15, is cpap working?
you can learn to post using an image server like photobucket, or imgur.  this will allow you to save more images over time.

when you are practiced using the oximeter, you should be able to tell what aspects of your breathing impact the spO2 the most.  having oximeter data loaded into sleepyhead on the same night as the APAP machine data will help.

it seems like you have settings as follows:  ramp set to start at 5 cm, minimum pressure set at 8 cm, and maximum pressure set at 12 cm, and mode set as CPAP.

if this were my data, i would change the mode to APAP.  i would also start ramp at 7, and set pressures to go from 9 to 13.

here is hoping that your spO2 flattens out and is consistently above 94 percent.

QAL

[Image: HidBjHA.jpg] [Image: CYvXwFW.jpg]
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
am at 5000 ft altitude and the oximeter has not been tested for its accuracy.
the oximeter says 94% but last time at the doc. on there oximeter showed 98%.
next doc. visit ill compare oximeters.
Post Reply Post Reply
before I would worry about o2. I would fix the oa and h that can be treated with cpap, that can lead to low levels of o2.

First off, from the limited data so far. I would have your minimum pressure on epap 12 and no ps for now, unless you have copd or some other reason for bpap? PS won't help your CA. Read again how to set up the sleepyhead chart for those that will offer advice.

you may also have some positional obstruction, like bringing your chin to your chest. I would make sure the pillow isn't propping your head up. This can be worked on more later if required, some need a soft foam, cervical collar.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
the last 30 min. on the chart is most likely mouth breathing,
i had my mouth taped, woke up with tape off and air blowing out my mouth then ripped off the headgear
to drink some water then when back to sleep for another 6 hours with no cpap.
I'm always extremely tired till around 9pm then i start to wake up.
Post Reply Post Reply
you should be able to get the oa/h right and not stir up the ca too much. get the clinical manual for your machine from the top of the page
set the sleepyhead charts up as per the instructions, how you have it now isn't much help
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like complex apnea with about 11 AHI and a mix if 49 OA, 21 H and 27 CA. There is almost no correlation to pressure and obstructive or central events. I think you're on the wrong machine. Your profile shoes you have a Pro 500 BiPAP but your pressure is changing through the night and there is no pressure support. Since you posted Events instead of Details it is impossible to verify the settings. Please re-post the image with the Details Tab.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes, I agree, given he had 4ca in the sleep study, he has mixed. There are always going to be CA, it just depends if they are high enough for the insurance to approve an ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
i am unable to post any more screen shots, it says i have reached my limit?
i did not know it would do that, i was going to post more but it won't let me,
nor can i edit my posting.
I might have to start another thread? ill try and post something tomorrow .
the cpap is a dream station auto biped DSX500H11C
oh i see the pro is a fixed cpap.
on my chart it looks like it stays between 8 and 10 then goes to max when it 
starts to blow out my mouth at the end.
on my other days i uploaded to sleepyhead it shows mostly CA =9.2 O =5.4 H =12
CA= 14.72 O=4.29 H=11.96.
I am only going to count the ones going forward as now I'm going to be taping my mouth.
i like a min. pressure at 11, that seems natural to me.
i set it to 11 to 13, i need more nights with my mouth taped.
on the sleep study i only think they counted what went on in rem sleep the 4 ca and 4 o
Post Reply Post Reply
new screenshots
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 94 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 373 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 176 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 170 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 175 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 199 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.