Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

my first report, ahi down to 15, is cpap working?
RE: my first report, ahi down to 15, is cpap working?
should i use the opti start? it starts the pressure at the previous 90% rate.
this thing if full of features.
i use the flex-c at 1, tried it at 3 and off flex 1 gave me the best numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Get rid of the event breakdown pie chart in your images. It's not needed and allows us to see the data below it.
Post Reply Post Reply
When is your next appointment with your doctor?
The last chart had CA at 4.6, you won't be able to do much with the ca. With the help of the forum, you should be able to get the oa/h down to a few. So together they should be well under 10. I think this is a realistic goal for now.

Whatever happens down the road, as to what machine you finish up with. Getting the apap working as good as you can, will be good experience and stand you in good stead for the future.

There are a few things that are used on the forum for mouth breathing, taping ones lips in one thing.
When you get a cold, you are going to need a full face mask to breathe with anyways, so I would buy one now. There is no best mask, it's the one that works for you that is important. You could see your DME and perhaps try a few? It will take one of the variables out of setting up the machine for you.

You will need to remove the pie chart, so more data can be seen, click file/preferences/appearance and un-tick show event pie chart.

you are going to need more pressure for the OA/H, If you get a machine that will treat the CA, it will have more pressure than what you are using now. They do get some getting use to.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Chicken, your machine is a Philips Dreamstation Auto CPAP set to a pressure range of 8 minimum to 12 maximum with a ramp that appears to start at 4 or 5 cm pressure. It appears you are using no AFlex or CFlex, and that is probably appropriate considering your complex apnea.

The forum has limits on the number and size of images you can attach, so the best way to post images is to host them on Imgur as shown in the second link in my signature. If you follow those instructions you will be able to link to unlimited images.

Here is the bottom line for your therapy. You have complex apnea with both central and obstructive events. It is my opinion that most of the obstructive apnea your machine is recording may actually be central in nature. The machines often get it wrong in cases like yours. You were offered a titration on ASV and you need to get that done as soon as possible because CPAP and BiPAP will not resolve these issues, and you have unacceptable moderate apnea even with therapy. I don't expect this to go away or be significantly reduced with different settings. Following the ramp period, you begin having hypopnea events at pressures of 6-8 cm. As the machine levels off at 8-10 cm you have both OA and CA that persist from 12:30 to 2:45, then events and pressure seem to taper off for a while. At 3:30 pressure and events increase and are worst as pressure approaches the maximum setting of 12.

Based on these results and the tendency for complex apnea patients to have worse results when pressure rises or bilevel pressure is applied, I will recommend settings of 6.0 minimum and 8.0 maximum pressure with Flex OFF. These should not be expected to result in acceptable AHI results, but it may improve them. You need to inform your doctor that CPAP is not working and your AHI is still high and you are unable to sleep properly. He should schedule the ASV titration as soon as possible. Your inability to tolerate or obtain acceptable results on this machine is a necessary step in getting approved for the more expensive ASV. Some people show sufficient clinical improvement on CPAP and BPAP to avoid progressing to ASV, but it appears you are not one of them.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
i think you are right, the OA's are most likely CA'S as i don't see how i can have OA's the surgery removed everything that would cause OA's they also drilled out my nose. i did 11/15 last night and got 10 ahi whats interesting is my spo2 drops when way down? most nights spo2 drops = 300 per night.  in order for me to post new screen shots i have to delete the

old ones first.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2017, 03:45 PM)chicken Wrote: .  .  .  in order for me to post new screen shots i have to delete the old ones first.

Try using imgur to host your images and then use links here.  An account with imgur can be free.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
in this example for July 17 your pressure was set to minimum 11 and maximum 15, and the machine pretty much pegged the maximum pressure all night. This higher pressure seems to have resulted in somewhat better AHI and your SpO2 was pretty good, but a minimum of 87.

In order not to have to delete the old data, please open an Imgur account and link to your screenshots using the Imgur URL. The instructions are in the second link in my signature.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
i got imgur but unable to post a link to my photos?
i am going to try 11/13 having pressure go to 15 was to high, it woke me up then i hit the ramp button.
doc. appointment is july 31.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: eTXDY6Rl.png]
[Image: BF0Gwadl.png][Image: pG7MCQil.png]

Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: sQ9UL7Ul.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 96 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 183 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 174 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 178 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 199 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.