Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

my first sleepyhead capture, help!
my first sleepyhead capture, help!
Hi, I just got my first Sleepyhead capture, today is my 4th day using a CPAP, what can I do to make my therapy better?

things to notice, when I lay down on my sides I get mask leaks, also, I can hear a constant tiny leak of air in the connector of the tube to the mask, I checked and it seems to be connected properly, is it normal?
I spoke with the company that sold me the machine and he said that the machine is adapting to my use, it should take a couple of weeks and it should get better.
Can you guys help me make sense of all this data? Thanks for your help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: my first sleepyhead capture, help!
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Post Reply Post Reply
The article linked by Palerider will help you to better organize charts to allow the forum to help you. First impressions here are, it's very early in your therapy to make any changes before allowing things to settle in. Your results are not unusual for someone just beginning therapy. The change of minimum pressure from 4 to 6 was a good one and your remaining events are mostly obstructive in nature. Considering your average pressure is at 8.0 and your 90% pressure is 10.0, you will likely increase minimum pressure again. I would guess you will eventually settle on a minimum of 8-9, but take your time and give your body and mind some time to adapt.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, I read the link and it was very helpfull for me, I feel so much better now, like they say, knowledge is power
Post Reply Post Reply
The leak you can hear is probably the mask vent. All masks allow air to escape, otherwise you would just be re-breathing your exhaled CO2. The vents vary in type and location depending on the mask design.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.