Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

my report I think
my report I think
[Image: co7aip5l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: my report I think
can someone take a look at this please ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Try cutting your EPR setting to 1, and leave everything else alone. Your events are mostly CA and may be related to sleep disturbance, or just adjusting to CPAP therapy. The use of high levels of EPR can cause CA events to be worse. Lowering EPR to 1 should be comfortable, reduce the residual OA and cut CA. My guess is your AHI will be much less than half if you make this simple change. A lot of events occur at the end of the night, and may be what we call "sleep-wake junk". It looks like you may do better with a higher minimum pressure, but I'd rather see you hold off on that adjustment until trying the lower EPR.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2017, 09:31 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Try cutting your EPR setting to 1, and leave everything else alone.  Your events are mostly CA and may be related to sleep disturbance, or just adjusting to CPAP therapy.  The use of high levels of EPR can cause CA events to be worse.  Lowering EPR to 1 should be comfortable, reduce the residual OA and cut CA.  My guess is your AHI will be much less than half if you make this simple change.  A lot of events occur at the end of the night, and may be what we call "sleep-wake junk".  It looks like you may do better with a higher minimum pressure, but I'd rather see you hold off on that adjustment until trying the lower EPR.

I have been on cpap for 10 years at level 12. I wanted a new machine so went for a new sleep study and had a hard time sleeping so Dr. wanted me to try 5-20. Went back to Dr. and he looked at my sleep patterns and said if it does't get better in six weeks he want another study to get a curve machine whatever that is because he said I have to many centrals.
1 it is on the EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think you'll end up on a ASV machine. I'll bet this board gets your pressure normal with no CA's within 2 weeks.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2017, 08:23 PM)jerry1967 Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 09:31 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Try cutting your EPR setting to 1, and leave everything else alone.  Your events are mostly CA and may be related to sleep disturbance, or just adjusting to CPAP therapy.  The use of high levels of EPR can cause CA events to be worse.  Lowering EPR to 1 should be comfortable, reduce the residual OA and cut CA.  My guess is your AHI will be much less than half if you make this simple change.  A lot of events occur at the end of the night, and may be what we call "sleep-wake junk".  It looks like you may do better with a higher minimum pressure, but I'd rather see you hold off on that adjustment until trying the lower EPR.

I have been on cpap for 10 years at level 12. I wanted a new machine so went for a new sleep study and had a hard time sleeping so Dr. wanted me to try 5-20. Went back to Dr. and he looked at my sleep patterns and said if it does't get better in six weeks he want another study to get a curve machine whatever that is because he said I have to many centrals.

I don't think bilevel alone is your solution. The use of wide range of pressure, and/or use of EPR (IPAP/EPAP) generally increases CA, while steady pressure and less difference between IPAP/EPAP tends to reduce it.  It's a bit premature to conclude anything on the basis of one-night of data.  Try cutting back EPR and see how it goes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My machines report last night is . Forgot to put the card back into the Machine so no sleepyhead.
Pressure 13.1
Leak 24L/M
Ahi 20.2
AI 7.6
Central 7.3
Max 20.0
Min 8.0
EPA 1
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, that sounds pretty awful. Your CA is about the same, but hypopnea is way up. Pressure is not much different from your previous post showing results for 8/11. Your doctor's suggestion for a new study looks like a good idea. Be sure to ask if he will evaluate both bilevel and bilevel ASV. Are there any other health or medication changes that might explain this change?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
 ASV is what he want the new study for but I thought with  adjustment my numbers would get better.

Did you read what Walla Walla wrote on here?
Post Reply Post Reply
I am on a number of medications for various reason but nothing new within the last 6 months. Two of the medications are for afib and two more are for seizures.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 173 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 178 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,454 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 479 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Diagnosis] My first report here Frankiboy 20 1,398 11-08-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 486 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.