Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

my son moving from dreamstation to Vauto
my son moving from dreamstation to Vauto
When I got my new VAUTO I gave my son my old dreamstation.  He has done better on it than his old old resmed brick.  But he is getting a VAUTO and I hope to get an good idea for the settings to start him off with.  Here are 3 nights, please, help set him up.  Thank you...
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: my son moving from dreamstation to Vauto
There's very good numbers on the OSCAR about treatment. I'd probably transfer what's used but I would drop EPAP from 13 and try 11. You know the Respironics fatal flaw thing about needing pressures set on top of the therapy need thing. The switchover may afford a bit lower pressure and maintain therapy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would go lower
Min EPAP = 8 ResMed responds much faster, and that should show us that. This is for 1 night then re-eval.
PS=4 Only because this is a typical starting value for PS, again we can raise it if needed.
Max IPAP any value because he is not running away with pressure increasing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep even better than my suggestion. As is, Max pressure on those charts was 17.6, so it's not maxing out at the top.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Moved this thread from Software Support to the Main Forum.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is his first night, looks good to me.... Any suggestions?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good to me, no reason to adjust that I could see.
Post Reply Post Reply
The big question is how do you feel?
Post Reply Post Reply
After a couple of months I asked to see his card and I down loaded it.  Each time I asked how he was doing he said great, best sleep he had had for a long time.  Well I have looked at his data and I have not seen anything like this so I wanted to post it and get some advice from people who do know...  All of this nights show good AHI - he has few events but some of his events are large ones.  Some over 2 minutes where it does not look like he is breathing at all.  I put 3 different nights showing what I mean.  Some nights like the 1st and last sho therapy just stopping but shows UA in the middle of 0 pressure and 0 leak rate.  Why?  Any thought if he needs to see a Dr. about these?  Thank you for taking the time to look at these!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
all 3 flat stretches are accompanied by a large leak.

on second look I see respiration is high and Vt is low. I assume the weirdness in the screenshots is associated with leaks but these respiratory stats are a bit out of the ordinary.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 858 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 465 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 141 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 726 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,355 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.