Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

my son moving from dreamstation to Vauto
my son moving from dreamstation to Vauto
When I got my new VAUTO I gave my son my old dreamstation.  He has done better on it than his old old resmed brick.  But he is getting a VAUTO and I hope to get an good idea for the settings to start him off with.  Here are 3 nights, please, help set him up.  Thank you...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed 
Cervical Collar     Dealing w DME     Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: my son moving from dreamstation to Vauto
There's very good numbers on the OSCAR about treatment. I'd probably transfer what's used but I would drop EPAP from 13 and try 11. You know the Respironics fatal flaw thing about needing pressures set on top of the therapy need thing. The switchover may afford a bit lower pressure and maintain therapy.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would go lower
Min EPAP = 8 ResMed responds much faster, and that should show us that. This is for 1 night then re-eval.
PS=4 Only because this is a typical starting value for PS, again we can raise it if needed.
Max IPAP any value because he is not running away with pressure increasing.
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep even better than my suggestion. As is, Max pressure on those charts was 17.6, so it's not maxing out at the top.
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Moved this thread from Software Support to the Main Forum.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

OSCAR Chart Organization

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is his first night, looks good to me.... Any suggestions?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed 
Cervical Collar     Dealing w DME     Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good to me, no reason to adjust that I could see.
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
The big question is how do you feel?
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Journey from BiPAP Auto to Aircurve 10 Vauto staceyburke 207 6,309 23 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Would these flow limitations benefit from a VAuto machine? Zackio 11 315 Yesterday, 11:07 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Vauto 10-- HIGH flow limit, high AHI, how to improve? format 2 133 11-25-2020, 11:21 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Does the Resmed BiPAP VAuto have "For Her" or "Soft Mode" equivalents/ SevereApnea 2 144 11-07-2020, 05:40 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  First night of sleep with Resmed VAuto. How do my OSCAR report look? sleepy331 5 250 10-31-2020, 10:57 AM
Last Post: sleepy331
  Moving to Richmond, Need a new doctor. RNeil 3 140 10-29-2020, 08:48 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto SD card type happydreams 9 206 10-23-2020, 02:24 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.