Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

myAir leakage using new formula??
myAir leakage using new formula??
CPAP - ResMed Airsense 10; mask-AirFit F20.  I just noticed the leakage rates on myAir have increased.  myAir data just changed from a 14-day view to a 30-day view; I'm wondering if they applied a more stringent calculation formula for leakage??  I transcribe data daily, and the leakage values for the past 30 days are higher on myAir now compared to two days ago. Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: myAir leakage using new formula??
I haven't noticed. Why not use SleepyHead? You'll get more detailed Data than from MyAir.

Just check below to download.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Possibilities:

Resmed A10A?

1. get into the menu options (maybe in the clinician's module?) and make sure the time frame reflects your wishes.
2. if the time frame looks unfamiliar, consider the possibility that your DME or doc has adjusted it remotely
3. if you're asking questions like this, you clearly need a more sophisticated software than myAir.  Wink  . MyAir is mostly for compliance.
4. Use SleepyHead 
5. You will get a graphic of your leaks moment by moment. There are likely to be surprises.
6. post a couple of charts here, according to the specs listed under one of the muckety mucks signatures.

7. You are likely to get all kinds of info in return.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just checked MyAir and can verify the same thing has happened to my data.
30 days displayed now and the leakage rates are higher.
The leakage rates in Sleepyhead have always been higher than MyAir. Maybe Resmed decided to show the actual leak rates now? I can check on the weekend when I go over my week on Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
That would be great--thanks.  BTW, I appreciate others' suggestion to use Sleepyhead which I may yet do.  However, myAir offers a unique opportunity for a team of laypeople to view usage and leakage in virtually real time--a very helpful payoff in our situation.
Post Reply Post Reply
patcpap,
I'm a lay person too! Most of us are. I have My Air and I can tell you you would be happy with SleepyHead.

The virtual real time you speak of is actually slower than sleepyhead. While you have to wait for the information to be uploaded from your machine by ResMed I've already read my information.

All I have to do is put my SD card from the machine into the computer and start reading.

I'm telling you after Sleepyhead you'll never think about My Air again.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Discovered the new 30 day MyAir yesterday. I have written recorded data from MyAir for part of November 2017. Vast majority of leaks were under 24L-Usually in the teens. Now the new 30 day listing gives markedly increased values for those exact same past dates- 30's to 50's!  All the other AHI, duration, mask on off are correct. I have informed my sleep physician and am waiting for an answer.  Last night I had a "smiley" face on my Resmed LCD screen meaning the leak was under 24L, but the MyAir online report says 25L.  The leak function is just erroneous and I hope it doesn't result in untoward effects or changes in patient's therapy/compliance status.
Post Reply Post Reply
Corious,
Just another example why you should use sleepyhead instead.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2017, 01:01 PM)patcpap Wrote: CPAP - ResMed Airsense 10; mask-AirFit F20.  I just noticed the leakage rates on myAir have increased.  myAir data just changed from a 14-day view to a 30-day view; I'm wondering if they applied a more stringent calculation formula for leakage??  I transcribe data daily, and the leakage values for the past 30 days are higher on myAir now compared to two days ago. Thinking-about

They don't reveal how they are getting their leak rate numbers. For example, the highest one I see for me in the last 30 days is 6 L/min, and both SleepyHead and ResScan report that my 95% leak rate for that night was indeed 6 L/min. And on another night myAir reports 2 L/min and both SH and ResScan report a 95% leak rate of 2.4 L/min. It appears myAir is reporting the 95% leak rate and in the past perhaps it reported the median leak rate.

The 95% leak rate is really the 95th percentile, meaning you leaked at that rate or lower for 95% of the time.
The median leak rate it the 50th percentile, meaning you leaked at that rate or lower for 50% of the time.

If they made that switch that would explain why the leak rate numbers went up.

myAir is changing right now, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2017, 11:28 PM)CORIOUS Wrote: Discovered the new 30 day MyAir yesterday. I have written recorded data from MyAir for part of November 2017. Vast majority of leaks were under 24L-Usually in the teens. Now the new 30 day listing gives markedly increased values for those exact same past dates- 30's to 50's!

If you could install SleepyHead and look at your data for those days you can compare what myAir used to report to what SleepyHead reports.

Quote:The leak function is just erroneous and I hope it doesn't result in untoward effects or changes in patient's therapy/compliance status.

It's not likely they would use myAir. If anything, they would use the official software, which is ResScan, to make those decisions.

But it's much more likely that they won't!

You need to look at your leak rate graph, not the statistics. There may be significant chunks of time where your leak rate is too high due to mouth leaking. That will ruin your night's sleep, there are ways to fix that and potentially make a significant improvement in the way you feel during the day.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 103 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 255 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Formula - CPAP Analysis Help Formula 8 754 11-24-2023, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Formula
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 574 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Why do I need to get my flow limitation and leakage down? Kathy14225 12 1,428 09-30-2023, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Mask 'Pulsing/Jumping' - Plus leakage issues Jake B 4 3,200 09-21-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: HULK
  Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage jerrydaw 28 7,562 09-20-2023, 06:03 AM
Last Post: car54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.