Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

n00b's first post questions
n00b's first post questions
I'm new to ACAP and have had my DreamStation Auto 2 days. I didn't see an introduction sub-fourm so mods please move post if i missed it.
I'm one to take control of my health care and not leave it solely to an overworked doctor or tech. After a year of chronic fatigue, 2 hospitalizations, and many useless tests I'm over doctors B.S. I had a sleep study done and finally was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea.
I've sent all this week educating my self and have started to get an understanding of how to hack the setting on my ACAP.
The Script pressure is 5-20cm but I was awoken from day one nap when the pressure hit 16.5 cm and I felt like I couldn't breathe.
The RT at DME shop had set the flex to C-FLEX.  After consulting my provider RT I set Flex to A-FLEX and turned on the EZ-Start.
So far the 90% pressure has only gotten to 7.1 cm but my AHI is down 10points to 20.5 from the 31 reported by the sleep study.
I'm struggling with the AirFit 20  so I"m making them replace it with a dreamwear full face my provider RT recommends. ( why DME tech gave me a Res Med mask with my PR is a mystery? )
I've downloaded OSCAR and I'm planning on picking up a Toshiba FlashAir W-04 64 GB SDXC Class 10 Memory Card to avoid the wear and tear of swapping card
daily. I'm confident montoring my daily stats will help me take control of my care.

All that to ask will my PR Dreamstation Auto support this 64GB card or should I look for the more expensive 16gb card. It currently has the OE. 2gb PR SD card
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: n00b's first post questions
Welcome to Apnea Board. Your Dreamstation Auto will work fine with the FlashAir card, but you don't need one that large, and the maximum distance is very limited (30 feet). There is a lot of Q&A in this thread in the Software Support forum http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rd-utility

You have done well to figure out how to "hack" the settings, but be sure to get a copy of your free clinician manual at the CPAP Setup Manuals link at the top of this page https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Your AHI sounds high in spite of your efforts. Don't hesitate to post an OSCAR chart an let the many experienced members on the forum help you by sharing their experience with your.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Regarding having mask and machine from different brands - that’s is very common - masks pretty much all use standard hose fitting sizing and are interchangeable between machine brands. The idea is to find a mask that works for you, without regard to which brand it is. Some people swear by the AirFit or AirTouch from Resmed for full face, some prefer the Respironics, F&P or one of the other brands.
Post Reply Post Reply
Picked up the Dreamwearmask yesterday and I slept so much better. I looked at the AirFit 30 the DME recommended and almost got it but figured the dreamwear can be converted to nasal cheaply with parts off amazon it was worth a shot. Also the analytical geek in me is satisfied that  I can now use the System One resistance setting even if the effect is negligible.
I turned off the EZ start and got a good 5 hours before I awoke to Pee. It was was difficult to get back to sleep with the pressure auto set a 11cm but I got a few more ZZZZs before the alarm. Dreammapper shows AHI down to 13.8 last night. I'll buy the air card and Get Oscar installed next week.
I made one more purchase the Sukira CPAP portable ozone cleaner on Amazon for under $40. Throw everything in a small storage bin with the  machine and it runs the 25 minute cleaning cycle automatically.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ozone is not a cleaner - it can be a sanitizer under the right circumstances, but you would still need to clean the mask, hose and humidifier periodically to remove oils or possible scale buildup.

I won’t go into the discussion of whether using an ozone machine can actually cause respiratory problems - if you do a search, you will find that the dominant company in that market is currently being sued for false advertising over that issue. I’m sure others here will also comment on the issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not to hijack the thread, but will a wireless card work in the ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset?

If it will how do you import the data into sleepyhead?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JAYDEE1445 and welcome to the forum, sounds like you are digging in early to get a handle on your therapy. Make sure you get a copy of any sleep study report as well as a copy of the Rx issued by your doctor, hang on to these for future reference. Keep on reading and studying on the forum and also post some data from Oscar when you can. It might be good to hold off on spending money for accessories etc. until you have some feedback from forum members, your budget might benefit. Let us know how the air card works out. 
Best wishes, Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
Decided against FlashAir card and fooling with network and IP setting. Bought a microSD and SD adapter; plan on leaving the adapter in the CPAP and move data on the micro. I've got a drawer full of adapters if one wears out from swapping.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 143 10 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 7 116 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,824 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 186 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 266 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,818 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 168 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.