Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

n30i Help or Suggestions
n30i Help or Suggestions
I am new to CPAP and I started off between the F20 and the Mirage FX. I quickly decided I did not like the full face mask with my beard and I like the nasal design. It seemed to keep a seal better. With the mirage FX I did not like how it blocked my FOV while reading a book on my phone while lying in bed and it seemed like I could not lay on my side as far as I would like with it. That is what drew me to this mask, I love the design of this mask and how the hose comes out the top, along with a great FOV. I seem to get a really good seal when I do the mask fit and I am laying down and on my side, but when I am sleeping I will wake up with what it seems off align with my nostrils and the pressure will go up high. I have tried both the Small and Medium cushions. It seems to do it less on the small, but it does tend to feel tight on my nose. The medium seems to work well, and definitely feels more comfortable until I am sleeping and bury half my face into the pillow and half out. 

A couple nights over the past week I have just taken it off since I could not get it to reseal properly, even after turning off the machine, it just doesnt feel right for some reason. This could also be me being mostly groggy and asleep when this happen.

Do you guys have any tips, or possibly suggestions for another mask? I was looking at the P&F Brevida, I was thinking maybe the pillow would help hold it in place better under my nose when I side sleep, and I would still be able to read in bed. Just a heads up if you give suggestions I do have a full beard and I side sleep.  I will also attach some SleepyHead Reports if that will help as well.

Thank you

Link to Sleepyhead Album

[Image: LwIWzSb.png]
[Image: 2FWRwzM.png]
[Image: msyUrup.png]
[Image: MJ24vgS.png]
[Image: bUrl20I.png]
[Image: tVeYvKp.png]
[Image: JtLczjc.png]
[Image: rC0XRuh.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: n30i Help or Suggestions
I recently got this mask and have tried it a few nights. Really love the hose at the top of the head, like the DreamWear, but that's where the love stops. Have gone back to my trusty old P10's. Really wanted the N30i to be THE mask. I love the DreamWear, but it just doesn't seem to keep a seal properly like the P10's do. And definitely the N30i isn't as comfortable as the P10's. I tried. Sad
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2019, 10:51 PM)cate1898 Wrote: I recently got this mask and have tried it a few nights.  Really love the hose at the top of the head, like the DreamWear, but that's where the love stops. Have gone back to my trusty old P10's. Really wanted the N30i to be THE mask. I love the DreamWear, but it just doesn't seem to keep a seal properly like the P10's do. And definitely the N30i isn't as comfortable as the P10's.  I tried.  Sad

I was looking at the P10 or the P&F Brevida mask, my supplier says the Brevida is not available where they purchase their masks, but they will speak with whoever deals with supplying. They also want me to use this mask for another 2 weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just rec'd my N30i today and looking forward to trying it out tonight.
I tried the P10 pillows during my trial and only lasted a week with them.
Presently using the Mirage FX nasal mask and had no real problem other than adjusting the position on my face and it felt as if it was sliding down. I do have a moustache and this could be a factor.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,928 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 252 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 305 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 346 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,540 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 287 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 342 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.