Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

nasal drip
nasal drip
i have it fairly constantly in the house, considerably less outside or other interiors. wonder if it is owing to the humidity? i've lowered the h5i to 2, but no lessening in drip. gas heat in house. no drip when wearing mask, sleep oxy @ 4. i use a saline spray and a ff mask. ( i note that other members are afflicted, but there seems to be no universal solution.)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: nasal drip
Have you seen an ENT physician?

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
curious why you should ask -- doc is setting an appt now. thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could be an indoor air quality problem? Have your air ducts been cleaned lately? Any possible sources of mold? As it resolves when you are away from home it seems unlikely to be CPAP related.
Post Reply Post Reply
Chill, I'm thinking on the same lines as you.

It's unlikely to have much to do with Cpap, since others in the house suffer the same, and especially when none of you have these symptoms outside the house.

Get your home checked out......do you have your furnace/air conditioner system cleaned and checked out at least once a year. Your duct work should be cleaned too. Check for mold in the basement and bathrooms.

You can also buy an air cleaner. I have one that was not at all expensive, and can pick up easily and move from room to room.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for these good suggestions. i see the ent doc next week. and i will pass along his report.
Post Reply Post Reply
My ENT had Allergy testing done and I got the full test not the half test. I did not accept the outcome and wanted it done over. Time has shown me that they were right. I ask them for forgiveness and they smiled. I can no longer sleep with the dogs in bed with me. I try to remember that some foods I react to. The efforts have lessened my discomfort. The shots weekly are less than fun but I will retest in a few months to see if they have helped.

If you find mold in the house address it. Mold need moisture to live and give off what bothers you. If you can kill it be sure to address the moisture that it needs or it will come back. Dark places, moisture and a food source are molds buddies.

Good luck.Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
ent doc said aok, but if probs continue get appt w/GI.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you get any testing for Allergy reactions ? Have you considered sleeping outside the house to see if it helps ? Both have helped me. I would much prefer sleeping inside but it does reduce the time spent clearing my lungs when I wake.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 866 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Using Nasal Strips along with Nasal mask or pillows Bostonsnow 6 1,161 07-18-2023, 07:09 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal Dilators st1800e 9 1,398 06-19-2023, 07:16 AM
Last Post: st1800e
  Nasal Congestion Rgn3 16 1,485 05-08-2023, 03:17 PM
Last Post: hopeforusall
  [Pressure] Nasal IrritTion? NannyRobina 2 617 06-20-2022, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Nasal swelling/congestion after 3~5 hrs with CPAP, will steroid nasal spray work? ronragus 7 1,270 03-17-2022, 10:04 AM
Last Post: hegel

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.