Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

nasal infection and Cpap use
nasal infection and Cpap use
Hi All, I noticed my right nostril more congested last night before sleep and same nostril reddish on inside and sore to touch. I woke up in the middle of the night and it felt worse so I took off my cpap (nasal pillow) and used some saline gel and just went to sleep. I looks like I have a slight infection in the right nostril when I looked this morning. Pretty swollen and red. I had humidity on my S9 at 4 last night thinking it might help. Should I hold off using cpap tonight, or is using cpap with humidity helpful? As I have mild sleep apnea I can go without it for a night or two.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: nasal infection and Cpap use
I have always used the CPAP through a sinus or nasal infection. Far worse not to breath, than to tolerate some irritation. Keep things warm and moist, get as comfortable as possible. The therapy will not make it worse, and this will pass.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2015, 08:54 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I have always used the CPAP through a sinus or nasal infection. Far worse not to breath, than to tolerate some irritation. Keep things warm and moist, get as comfortable as possible. The therapy will not make it worse, and this will pass.

Thanks. I wasn't sure what would be Best. I might dial down the humidity from 4 back to 3 where I normally have it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Probably a good idea to just stick with what works. Excess humidity can cause congestion, which could make things worse. Hope you feel better soon.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My ENT recommended that I use bacitracin on/in my nose when this occurs. This antibiotic is not a petroleum based product like vaseline and therefore will not affect the nasal pillows.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 202 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 153 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 867 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Nasal Surgery and CPAP tolerance Norman2195 6 708 12-27-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Do nasal cpap help to not breath through mouth? hejohoo 10 1,428 09-19-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Sinus infection / recovering from surgery rpierce 0 351 08-24-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.