Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Have you tried somnoplasty?
RE: Have you tried somnoplasty?
(03-15-2015, 01:16 PM)remltr Wrote: Have you tried somnoplasty?

Nope.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
About ten years ago, I had a series of soft palate RF treatments and a small reduction of uvula. Cost me about $5K. No results at all. My complaint at that time was snoring, with apnea reduction a bonus. Bottom line -- no help at all. Treatment was not very painful -- just a fairly bad sore throat for a couple of days. Worst problem was that your throat swells up and you can't breathe very well for a couple of days, and you can't sleep much at all. You can deal with it for two nights, but if it extends into a third sleepless night, it can get pretty scary
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2015, 01:16 PM)remltr Wrote: I am getting frustrated. I have tried a great deal of the mask designs available and I dislike, I guess like most humans, having anything on my face that wouldn't normally be there.

I am considering visiting a doctor that performs somnoplasty to see what, if any effect, it could have on my apnea.

I am wondering if anyone here has done it. I assume if you are still here then maybe it didn't work so well. Grin

If someone can give me some feedback on your results I would be appreciative.

Yes, I've had it, if you mean having the Uvala laser treatment. It was very painful, but more importantly did not cure my OSA. Unfortunately, that's a common experience as the success rate for this operation is only one in three. I also still experience some side effects of that treatment and also have to take care when I swallow. It's not the magic bullet that you're hoping for.

I now have a CPAP machine, which is very successful - & is the treatment I should have been given in the first place. It's not called the gold standard for OSA for nothing.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.