Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

nasal passages burning
Recently I have been experiencing a severe burning sensation in my nose after about 2 hours of going to sleep. I have spoken with my DME and the response is "I don't know" Have spoken with my ENT and he suggested some suave in my nose via cotton swabs to no effect. My sleep Dr. suggested a full face mask as of now have using a nasal mask. I got the full face mask and if I could get the alarm to stay off long enough to get to sleep it may work. I have an old type (gray model) Respironics bi-pap auto sv. I would like help with both of my problems from any source. I searched the forum for both problems to no avail. search of the web has not proved to be of any help, but maybe I'm not looking in the right area.
(10-17-2014, 06:47 AM)retired9352 Wrote: Recently I have been experiencing a severe burning sensation in my nose after about 2 hours of going to sleep. I have spoken with my DME and the response is "I don't know" Have spoken with my ENT and he suggested some suave in my nose via cotton swabs to no effect. My sleep Dr. suggested a full face mask as of now have using a nasal mask. I got the full face mask and if I could get the alarm to stay off long enough to get to sleep it may work. I have an old type (gray model) Respironics bi-pap auto sv. I would like help with both of my problems from any source. I searched the forum for both problems to no avail. search of the web has not proved to be of any help, but maybe I'm not looking in the right area.

Are you using any sort of humidifier with your machine? If so, are you using distilled water or just tap water?
Hi retired9352,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not sure what would cause the problem you are having but hang in there for more suggestions.
Best of luck to you in getting this straightened out.
trish6hundred

(10-17-2014, 06:47 AM)retired9352 Wrote: Recently I have been experiencing a severe burning sensation in my nose after about 2 hours of going to sleep.

some people, including me, use lanolin cream. This is what nursing moms use and is safe for the masks (and your nose). Generally available at any drug store.

have you recently cleaned your hose/mask with something that could cause an allergic reaction to your nose membranes ??

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal vs nasal pillows: my impressions rhodesengr 8 2,021 06-29-2016, 10:40 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  [CPAP] Burning Smell cjhaile 45 20,235 11-03-2015, 02:16 PM
Last Post: JohnJ
  [CPAP] Nasal mask versus Nasal pillows MsFigg 3 1,691 05-28-2015, 11:27 PM
Last Post: Jim Bronson
  Nasal Irritation iwth Nasal Pillows... flyfishinbob 12 3,206 01-31-2015, 04:40 AM
Last Post: TheManseHen
  Note to nasal pillow users - probably not a good idea to step on the nasal pillows Evpraxia 6 1,659 01-01-2015, 11:47 PM
Last Post: Evpraxia
  Machine Smells Like Burning Plastic Nirvana 8 4,787 12-01-2014, 03:27 PM
Last Post: archangle
  Switching from nasal mask to nasal pillow mask Dewayne759 12 4,468 06-08-2014, 12:11 AM
Last Post: BamaSteve