Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

nasal vs full face mask
RE: nasal vs full face mask
"See those extended stretches of time where your leak rate is higher than it is the rest of the time? " Can you define extended stretches of time? 1 min, 5 min? 30 seconds?
Post Reply Post Reply
That is what the entire site is about, everyone sets their own pressures with the help of others on the site. If you wait for a Dr to do it will be a long wait. Even if you get a Dr to look at it, (and they don’t except to see you are using it and your events are acceptable which is under 5) they will make a small change and wait a week or more to make another one.

On this site you have people looking at it daily.

NO ONE here uses the Dr after they get a sleep study and prescription so insurance will pay. Other than that they are worthless.

Search the site and see what is said about Drs and their help with CPAP.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
i dont need to search, i have my own experience. i beleive sleep doctors engage in criminal behaivor such as setting up patient for failure so patient is referred to have expensive surgeries. Patients need to be very careful especially now as hospitals lose mind boggling amount of money. I had doctor literally yelling at me why i am wasting her time asking about CPAP while her specialty is implants. 
Is there a link explaining how i can change pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
You wrote this is a reply of mine... "thank you. i know how to get to clinical menu but unfortunately only DME can change pressure. And DME can do this under direction of doctor.  I fired my doctor and now waiting for new appointment in few weeks.  In 5 months i will be done with DME and sleep doctors.  I am assuming at some point in next few months i will get rid of leaks and will not need any changes to pressure. But if i do and not under care or doctor or DME, how do i change pressure if needed?"

The steps were in the post just before you wrote this.  I went through it step by step.  and You say you know how to get to the clinical menu.  That is where you make changes to the pressure.

Here is youtube video that will show you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBgNdoJ6-bI
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
i wish it was so simple, my pressure settings impossible to change.
Post Reply Post Reply
All ResMed machines can be changed through the clinician menu. I put it down step by step and it will work. Read that post! You can change the pressure settings
Post Reply Post Reply
my DME disabled ability to change pressure setting under advice of my incompetent sleep doctor
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry they cannot disable it. If you don’t want to change it that’s fine- no problem. But you can change your pressures. Go to YouTube there will be several on changing settings on a ResMed s10 autoset Watch a couple and IF you still have a problem ask. If not I wish you well in your journey with your Dr.
Post Reply Post Reply
i am so sorry. i was able to change minimum pressure to 9.6. i am so embarrassed. i was looking at wrong setting.
so now i have epr = 2 and min pressure = 9.6
Post Reply Post Reply
Good let’s see how tonight goes
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,582 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 696 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.