Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

nasal vs full face mask
RE: nasal vs full face mask
last night not that great but maybe mask was loose

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Most of your events were Central. To get rid of them we need to make your EPR less. Set it to 1, after tonight we may need to go to 0. But you are doing better. Keep in there it will get better.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you. should i leave ramp time at auto?
Post Reply Post Reply
While you are using the ramp you are NOT getting any therapy.  Most of us that have been on cpap for a while turn it off completely.   If you can turn it off, if you need it set it to the least amount of time possible for you to get to sleep.  While it is running it is only giving you 4l which is such a low amount it does nothing for therapy and many feel that they are "starved" for oxygen.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Also when you post tomorrow try to get the Flow limits and leak rate graphs on the same screenshot as the event flags graph.   You can resize each graph by moving the mouse to the bottom line of each graph and left click and drag the graph up to resize it.  Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
like this?

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes that is great. It will make looking at the most important parts at one time. You do not need to do this again tomorrow the format should be saved for all other days.
Post Reply Post Reply
last night

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night you looked like you may have been tucking your chin down and cutting off your own air, first thing after going to sleep. That is where you had a big number of your events. When someone chin tucks repeatedly we suggest a collar to keep the chin up. But this has not been present except tonight. You may have a pillow that is to high and putting your neck pushed down to your chest. Anyway we will take it as a one time event and not address it unless it keeps happening.

The main problem now is the leaks. You have mentioned it on other nights but this is worse than the others. Did you use a different mask? How are you feeling today, better, no as good, headache, anything abnormal?
Post Reply Post Reply
same nasal mask. no difference how i feel.  always tired regardless of leaks. going to try smaller pillow. the only difference today i woke up with dry mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 514 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 317 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,076 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,586 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 696 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.