Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

need advice please
RE: need advice please
In your original post, she was perscribed a pressure range of 5 to 15?
You have to actually set those pressure ranges on your machine. When you find the machine you want, someone here can guide you or help to set up proper settings.
The clinicians manual can be requested for whatever machine you purchase. See top of page.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi rokky,
If your wife tried the AirFit N10, I know they are loud because I have one. I like it for the fit and the headgear but, it is very loud, when your pressure rises. I don’t know if the AirFit F10 is loud, but I’m about to find out.
Here is a link to help you with which CPAP machines to buy and which ones to avoid: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to your wife as she starts her CPAP journey.
Oh by the way, WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the warm welcome.

That link you gave me is exactly what I needed! Thanks. I was leaning towards Devilbiss for a minute or two ... whew! There is a good deal on a "S9 for her" I'm leaning towards. She will have the final say of course but I'm sure pink will sell it ... lol.

The wife tried the Airfit F10 and it was the most quiet out of the three she tried. I could hardly hear her breath. The other 2 were quite annoying.
Post Reply Post Reply
The auto machines are quite intelligent, and use sensors, together with a program to adjust pressure based on detection of flow limitations, snores and breathing volume changes. They work best when the minimum pressure is set closer to the required therapeutic pressure. Maximum pressure is not so critical as long as it is high enough to treat the obstructive apneas in any body position or sleep stage. The prescription is very good, and is a reasonable range that she will probably narrow as time goes on. It provides for your needed supplies for life.

Good luck in finding a good deal and please don't hesitate to have your wife join here. Success is improved with support and information like what she will received here.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2015, 09:15 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The auto machines are quite intelligent, and use sensors, together with a program to adjust pressure based on detection of flow limitations, snores and breathing volume changes. They work best when the minimum pressure is set closer to the required therapeutic pressure. Maximum pressure is not so critical as long as it is high enough to treat the obstructive apneas in any body position or sleep stage. The prescription is very good, and is a reasonable range that she will probably narrow as time goes on. It provides for your needed supplies for life.

Good luck in finding a good deal and please don't hesitate to have your wife join here. Success is improved with support and information like what she will received here.

Thanks so much Sleeprider and everyone else who has given advice and info.

I'll try to get the wife interested in the forum. Right now she is disgusted with the apnea thing and having to wear a mask at night. If it wasn't for me, she would have kept ignoring it.

The good news is: I found a decent deal on a Remstar auto 60 series with a heated hose and tap water tank. We decided to stay with the same machine she trialed on as it worked well for her.

It's been a busy time for me. Crash course on sleep apnea and hardware. The help here is invaluable and I'm sure to be back asking more questions.

Thanks again for all your support.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Rocky,

You are getting sound advice in your replies so far. From experience I recommend that you stick with a known brand CPAP. I accepted a machine that is not in the mainstream (out of lack of knowledge) and have real doubts about it. If you need to make a decision and need help this forum will produce quick responses and a day of delay, if it comes to that, would be well spent.

Also, if you haven't already, make sure you get a hard copy or an electronic copy of the complete sleep study including recommendations. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 296 5 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 172 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 868 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,801 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 800 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.