Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

s10 vs dreamstation
s10 vs dreamstation
I have 2 RESmed airsense 10's.  One for the road, and one at home.  I work for the railroad and travel for work.  8 days on, 6 off.  I bought the extra machine so It can stay set up at home and not have to hook up my machine as much.  It's been great.

However.  I am required to keep a medical card with DOT, and that requires compliance reports.  I have now realized this is a nightmare with 2 RESmeds.  Is there anyone that has more than one Dreamstation and can review how well they merge data from the 2 or more machines?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: s10 vs dreamstation
I'm sure the Respironics DreamStation also will not merge data between 2 machines. Besides the foam gate is still a great reason to stay with ResMed.

Why don't you use OSCAR and create compliance reports for both your ResMed machines? Present this compilation as your overall compliance.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If both Resmeds are the same model, all you need to do is use separate dedicated SD cards for each machine. You can then use the same profile in OSCAR for reporting. Resmed encodes each SD card with only one CPAP's serial number. This prevents sharing the SD card among various machines.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have read somewhere that the Dreamstation reports merge with multiple machines.  I was just simply hoping someone might be able to confirm this.  UPRR (LHI) will not accept OSCAR or sleepyhead downloads.  They want the official download from resmed or Phillips.  They basically want it from the doctor, even though I get itmyself from myAir.  They are fighting me on the 2 downloads because the avg use is extremely low on both (each is missing several days).
Post Reply Post Reply
In that case, get ResScan. I have not tried integrating 2 different machines in the same profile, but the worst thing that can happen is it not allow it. You then would provide two different reports.

Follow this link to get the instruction on obtaining a copy. You will want the version 5.9 and NOT version 6.1. That is, unless you have a thing for passwords at every turn.

*** - Link to instructions on obtaining a copy of ResScan - ***

Note: you must be signed to your member account to access this area.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You mention that you have two ResMed machines but then you also mention Dreamstation. Those are two different brands of machine. Anyway, I had the same problem as you. I had to take both machines, each loaded with its SD card, to the DME's office to get it all sorted out.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I have 2 resmed machines.  One is always plugged in at home, the other goes with me on the road.  I have to do DOT physicals yearly.  I brought in my 2 downloads and it was a nightmare.  I almost didn't get approved.  The Dr. acted like it was a one time deal passing me as if I wasn't compliant.  They can't look on the dates on each and see for themselves, they look at the percentages on the separate reports.  When you work 8 days, then are home for six, that's not gonna look to good.

I was asking about the Dreamstation because I'd like to know if anyone has 2 of them and can tell me if their reports are combinable.  I can't be the only one in here that travels.  Where are the truckers?
Post Reply Post Reply
DreamMapper can have two devices (primary and secondary) and the data supposedly merges, but the data needs to be acquired by way of Bluetooth on a smartphone or tablet that has the DreamMapper app. When I received my replacement DS2 I still was using my DS1 and had both machines listed in the DreamMapper settings (removed now since I sent the machine back). The cell modem access is limited to only one machine and this was set to the new DS2 I now have and the DS1 would no longer send data to the DreamMapper host. I did contact DreamMapper support with some questions and they did get get back to me fairly quickly. Support did acknowledge seeing my use of the DS1 via Bluetooth, so I assume compliance data could be had through the DreamMapper reports.

dreammapper.support@philips.com

[Image: 2yM5DBZ.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,711 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,532 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation & Dreamstation Go Different AHI? Thedudefino 2 1,301 05-31-2021, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Thedudefino

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.