Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

need cpap numbers help
need cpap numbers help
Has been a few years but my numbers have changed and I seem to be lost. Included (i hope) a pic of graphs. Any suggestions would help.  I use a full face mask, 16 min and 18 max epr 3.  At these pressures need three to exhale.   thanks,  Bill

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: need cpap numbers help
I really don't think you need that high of numbers. You have positional apnea in my opinion. What is positional apnea? It is when you sleep in a position where you are cutting off your own airway! NO PRESSURE will help this. You have to find a way not to get in that position. Think of it as a garden hose, you kink the hose and nothing goes through - the only thing that helps is to remove the kink.

We call this chin tucking - where your chin drops down to your sternum cutting of all air. It happens many time by sleeping on your back or having to high of a pillow. You can try to fix it with that but most people can't. Many people have found that a collar helps to stay out of that position. PLEASE look at my signature for the link on collars.. It shows people without collars and the same people with collars - huge difference!!

I am sure if you can stop the positional apnea your numbers will not need to be nearly as high and you will sleep much better...
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Moved this thread from Forum Account Help to the Main Forum.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
need cpap numbers help
Stacey  I forgot to mention that I use a collar.  Also tape my mouth shut. I know that I need to sleep on my side but hard to stay there.  I will try a tiny pillow tho. thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Then the collar does not fit??? You might try another brand. Positional apnea is the problem and I don’t know any other way to help.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you managing to tuck your chin behind the collar? Do try another collar. Read the posted collar review.

To promote side sleeping, are you using a body pillow?, Have you tried one?
Post Reply Post Reply
Having these guys interpret my sleep data was the best thing I ever did. Now I recognise positional apnea. I bought a cheap collar adjusted it to fit me. Took the cover off trimmed it so it was comfortable and sewed the cover back on. So if you (or someone near you) are handy with the scissors and needle and thread then you can tailor it to you. My apneas now are less than 1.

I need to set up my own business.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Boxer sleep collar by Mum
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 112 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 350 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 602 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,015 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Numbers are better but I feel worse LikeaGlove90 2 509 09-24-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
Sad Waking up around 4-5am every night. Occasional Aerophagia. Good numbers? jkang9080 3 537 08-22-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] AM97 Therapy Thread: Help me interpret OSCAR and get my numbers right am97 6 777 07-14-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.