Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

need help
need help
so my first sleep study i have 35 instances of apnea per hour i guess so they had me set up on a cpap and it worked for a few months, but then i had the apnea start getting worse and progress to complex apnea i guess so i had to go back for second sleep test.

the question really is i find myself realizing during the day that i havent been breathing for awhile, like i snap out of it, this happens multiple times a day and was wondering if i could get any help with what it might be.

thanks for your time

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: need help
(05-31-2015, 12:29 AM)garrettb Wrote: so my first sleep study i have 35 instances of apnea per hour i guess so they had me set up on a cpap and it worked for a few months, but then i had the apnea start getting worse and progress to complex apnea i guess so i had to go back for second sleep test.

the question really is i find myself realizing during the day that i havent been breathing for awhile, like i snap out of it, this happens multiple times a day and was wondering if i could get any help with what it might be.

I think there are various reasons why we sometimes don't feel the urge to breathe and, for a while, stop breathing.

In my case, pretty much my whole life I've often had slow blood circulation, with low resting heart rate, and I suspect that my unusually slow circulation is what has made me more susceptible to having central apneas.

Some have Congestive Heart Failure because their heart does not beat efficiently (even if it beats as fast as most other people). These people have slow circulation, too, and also tend to have central apneas.

There may be many other factors/causes for central sleep apnea.

I use an ASV (Adaptive Servo Ventilator) machine which treats both my obstructive sleep apnea and my occasional central apnea.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I've noticed it more and more lately, the not breathing during the day. I don't really notice it while it's going on, like my body just tunes out for awhile, but then I snap out of it and then my head throbs for the rest of the day, it doesn't hurt just feels like a lot of pressure throbbing against the inside of my head, I'm sure there are other issues of not breathing, like lack of oxygen in blood and so on
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi garrettb,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2015, 01:54 AM)vsheline Wrote: Some have Congestive Heart Failure because their heart does not beat efficiently (even if it beats as fast as most other people). These people have slow circulation, too, and also tend to have central apneas.

I use an ASV (Adaptive Servo Ventilator) machine which treats both my obstructive sleep apnea and my occasional central apnea.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

I don't know if this has already been brought up, but a few weeks ago there was an advisory issued about patients with CHF using ASV.

https://www.sleepassociation.org/safety-...-patients/
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2015, 10:32 AM)estgad Wrote:
(05-31-2015, 01:54 AM)vsheline Wrote: Some have Congestive Heart Failure because their heart does not beat efficiently (even if it beats as fast as most other people). These people have slow circulation, too, and also tend to have central apneas.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

I don't know if this has already been brought up, but a few weeks ago there was an advisory issued about patients with CHF using ASV.

https://www.sleepassociation.org/safety-...-patients/

This has been discussed in a couple threads on Apnea Board.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid114381

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid113860

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.