Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

need help analyzing data please
need help analyzing data please
started about 4 months ago. resmed 10 autosense. F30 mask
I need help with the right settings, please.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: need help analyzing data please
Welcome to the Apnea Board Solo,

Your numbers are good, how do you feel?
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.  Those numbers look good.  Do you have any issues or specific questions that spring to mind?

Just a few bookkeeping hints for you. :-)

Your profile machine could benefit from adding the model name "AutoSet" to distinguish it from other models.
Your profile mask doesn't match the name mentioned in your initial post.

Here are my standard hints for OSCAR and Clinician's manual.

1) Get a copy of your clinician's manual for your machine

2) Ideally, upload a redacted copy of your complete sleep studies if you have any (all pages not just the summary) so we can see the untitrated AHIs etc.

3) OSCAR
3a) Configure the OSCAR UI to emphasize the important graphs and turn off things like the pie chart and calendar so we can see the statistics and settings.
3b) Get the important graphs into the recommended positions

See my sig for handy links to do all the above.
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow limitations look like they are probably an issue(assuming they are the reason your pressure is maxing out).

Drag the mask pressure graph down out of view and replace it with the flow limitations graph and then follow apnea questions advice and remove the calendar and event pie chart and repost the chart.

Unless you know you are prone to treatment emergent central apneas then I would recommend turning EPR on and setting it to full time, 3. This will help treat flow limitations.
Post Reply Post Reply
I feel ok, I just crash and burn the next day if I have a bad night or have a nap without the mask.
I have some mask leakage, so I have been playing with the max pressure settings. Was just wondering if there are other settings I should change, Thanks

uploading my sleep study and  a renewed Oscar pic

Post Reply Post Reply
Your pressure is going to the max or close to it almost immediately and only drops to 8-9 for short periods. I agree that you should set EPR to 3. I also suggest you set your minimum pressure to 8 and increase your maximum pressure to 14. Then, based on data from those settings we can do some further adjustments. I agree with Bonjour that your AHI number is pretty good but we may be able to improve it.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys.

when should I post an updated data sheet?
Post Reply Post Reply
Change EPR from ramp only to full time. Also I would turn ramp off. Min pressure of 7 (this allows full EPR) and max of 12 or 14 will give an idea of what machine thinks it needs to do and whether or not increasing pressure helps.

If you havent done so follow the recommendation of sleep study and have clinical review done by a sleep physician.

I believe the worry and urgent recommendation for sleep physician review is because of the desats potentially indicating hypoventilation. Full time EPR will help a bit in this regard. If you are primarily self treating then you might want to pick up a recording oximeter such as contec cms50f in order to monitor oxygen levels. If dealing with a sleep doctor discuss these comments with him to see what he thinks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I missed that you were using EPR only during ramp and agree that it should be changed to full time. Post data as soon as you have a full night or two with the new settings. As Bonlour asked, are you feeling better since you started therapy? Based on your AHI numbers your apnea is well treated.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
can someone please take another look at an updated result?
8-12 pressure

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 173 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help Analyzing Oscar Data sillyzippy 10 550 02-17-2024, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help analyzing OSCAR - Sent by beerdujour spaceodyssey 17 1,016 10-18-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: spaceodyssey
  Need Help analyzing OSCAR data megagreatwhite 8 527 10-02-2023, 02:06 AM
Last Post: stevew77
  In Need of Help Analyzing Source of Leaks in Oscar rosebladepat 1 384 10-01-2023, 01:48 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Help on analyzing my OSCAR results Oliviermes83 3 431 08-20-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Help analyzing my OSCAR data m415 9 852 07-14-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: m415

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.