Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

need help analyzing data please
RE: need help analyzing data please
Your max pressure of 12 looks to be too low I would be raising that unless it’s limited for a particular reason
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2020, 05:18 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Your max pressure of 12 looks to be too low I would be raising that unless it’s limited for a particular reason

What would you raise it to?
Post Reply Post Reply
After looking at your latest data, it seems that a setting of 10 to 16 would serve you better. These pressures are based on the fact that you're using an EPR of 3. This would make your EPAP 7 to 13. Raising your EPAP will help eliminate the hypopneas.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Kidsolo, your most recent chart shows pretty impressive flow limitation, and the cluster at 08:15 is positional. See the Soft Cervical Collar wiki link in my signature.  I'd be interested in seeing a xoom of the respiratory flow wave at about a 2-minute resolution. 

My impression is you may have a persistent upper airway resistance that keeps flow limitation high. I think you would benefit from higher pressure support, but for now, I agree that your current pressure of 12/9 is just too low to fully stent your airway, particularly with positional issues noted above.  I think a minimum pressure of 9.0 and maximum pressure of 16.0 with EPR 3, resulting in a range of 9/6 to 16/13 is appropriate.  If you are able to get an Aircurve  10 Vauto, you will really be amazed at the difference. See Supplier #2 for good prices on used machines with warranty ($799 plus shipping to AU).

[Image: attachment.php?aid=20724]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2020, 10:40 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:   I'd be interested in seeing a xoom of the respiratory flow wave at about a 2-minute resolution. 
Is this what you wanted to see?

Post Reply Post Reply
The "flow rate" chart which is usually at the top
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2020, 07:39 PM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: The "flow rate" chart which is usually at the top

Post Reply Post Reply
That's pretty ugly, but I'm looking for a 2-minute segment where the individual flow rate wave form is visible, and it can be part of the regular part of the night, like 2:00-2:02. I'm more interested in the flow limitations rather than the positional apnea during all the OA, and H events. The segment you showed above is all about chin-tucking.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2020, 09:52 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: That's pretty ugly, but I'm looking for a 2-minute segment where the individual flow rate wave form is visible, and it can be part of the regular part of the night, like 2:00-2:02.  I'm more interested in the flow limitations rather than the positional apnea during all the OA, and H events.  The segment you showed above is all about chin-tucking.

I'm not understanding this part.
Is this what you want?

Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty classic! That is normal inspiration and somehow you are managing to exhale around the mask or else you have some kind of palatal prolapse on expiration (unlikely).  I'd much rather see something like this:

[Image: Wave-flow1_zpse082659a.png]

By comparison, your expiration starts and suddenly goes to zero flow untl the next inhale. I On the full night chart this is seen as vertical lines hanging down from the zero-flow line.  The fact your are getting your mouth outside the mask further supports the recommendation of a soft cervical collar to keep your head and neck aligned, maintain the mask position and prevent chin-tucking.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=20752]

The reason I say "classic" is because the Beginners Guide Wiki shows many examples like this and includes a chart that helps to interpret the flow rate. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

[Image: Flow_limitation_images_zpsdb148d1f.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 228 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help Analyzing Oscar Data sillyzippy 10 601 02-17-2024, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help analyzing OSCAR - Sent by beerdujour spaceodyssey 17 1,060 10-18-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: spaceodyssey
  Need Help analyzing OSCAR data megagreatwhite 8 552 10-02-2023, 02:06 AM
Last Post: stevew77
  In Need of Help Analyzing Source of Leaks in Oscar rosebladepat 1 404 10-01-2023, 01:48 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Help on analyzing my OSCAR results Oliviermes83 3 455 08-20-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Help analyzing my OSCAR data m415 9 876 07-14-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: m415

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.