Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

need help analyzing data please
RE: need help analyzing data please
(03-08-2020, 08:22 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The fact your are getting your mouth outside the mask
resmed myair shows that I have 20/20 mask seal. If I was getting my mouth outside the mask, wouldn't it show poor seal?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't want to be a nuisance, but could someone please have a look at last nights chart using the new pressure?

Post Reply Post Reply
Other than leaks, the pressure settings 9-16 EPR 3 vs 8-12 EPR 3 looks good. AHI did not significantly change, however 95% flow limitation dropped from 0.21 to 0.12, which is good progress and would likely result in less RERA. Clustering of obstructive events is still noticeable. Your flow rate zoom is during a period of the highest leak which is an interference with the machine's sensors. The respiratory flow appears near normal with mild flow limitation and the expiratory mouth breathing is not present here, but it appears to be present at places like 00:40 and 06:00.

Expiratory mouth breathing is a subconscious problem and is frequently accomplished without significant leaks. Don't ask me how, I don't do it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had trouble with air leaks around the mask, so I connected a new mask. I also dropped the max pressure from 16 to 15.

My zoomed flow rate doesn't look right to me.
Any help appreciated

Post Reply Post Reply
You had some minor leakage.

Please include your flow limit chart, it is so important. FL is what drives pressure on a ResMed machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
The guys in this thread suggested I get a cervical collar. My initial reaction was PLEASE NO. But I needed something anything to change. So I spent the $10 and went to bed looking like I was in a spinal unit.

Overnight my AHI dropped 4 points and my leak issues were greatly reduced.

Not anything I would ever have contemplated but now I do it every night and my leakage is negligible.

Maybe worth a look,
Damian
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 237 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help Analyzing Oscar Data sillyzippy 10 606 02-17-2024, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help analyzing OSCAR - Sent by beerdujour spaceodyssey 17 1,063 10-18-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: spaceodyssey
  Need Help analyzing OSCAR data megagreatwhite 8 553 10-02-2023, 02:06 AM
Last Post: stevew77
  In Need of Help Analyzing Source of Leaks in Oscar rosebladepat 1 408 10-01-2023, 01:48 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Help on analyzing my OSCAR results Oliviermes83 3 455 08-20-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Help analyzing my OSCAR data m415 9 876 07-14-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: m415

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.