Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

need help interpreting data please
need help interpreting data please
I finally got an SD card reader and would like some help interpreting data. All I can see in the daily reports that jumps out at me is that the percentage of centrals is higher than OSA, on average. I included the summary since I started CPAP, and the data from last nite.

i dont know how to get images on here but I will try it this way:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44050638@N03/ (if you click on the images they get larger)

can someone please look at the sleepyhead data? any comments appreciated.

i am feeling good and more rested than in years. i do sleep about 9 hours and lay in bed trying to get to sleep due to RLS for about two hours. i just started mirapex for the last two nights, which is helping immensely and i dont think i will be laying awake for two hours anymore! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: need help interpreting data please
Don't worry about those clear airway apneas. Most of them happened while you were still awake or just before you got up (disconnected). So there's a good chance that they were not "real", but rather voluntary. And even still, the AHI for _all_ the clear airway apneas is only 0.96, which is well into the normal range. In fact, your overall treated AHI value is 1.74, which is a very good number.

You appear to have a very fast ramp time configured. I assume you are comfortable with it?

Except for a few very brief periods, your leak rates appear to be well under control. Perhaps you were scratching your nose?

I don't see any causes for concern. As far as I can see, your CPAP treatment is working very well.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks very much Ron. really helps reassure me i am on the right track.Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Feel free to continue to ask for any clarification or explanation in your data. The intent is to get you confident enough in your interpretation of the data so that you could say to yourself exactly what I just told you above.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2013, 03:48 PM)oak Wrote: All I can see in the daily reports that jumps out at me is that the percentage of centrals is higher than OSA, on average.

Ditto. My data looks a lot like yours. I just ignore the centrals now for reasons that Ron mentioned.

Have you tried (does your doctor let you try) using the AutoSet mode instead of CPAP? Maybe you can get rid of a couple of those centrals if you weren't dealing with the full treatment pressure all night long. Not worth messing with though since your numbers look great as is.
Post Reply Post Reply
While Paptillian's suggestion is a good one, I would make sure to get a good set of baseline data first. Make sure you have spent at least 3 weeks at your initial settings (that long because the initial adjustment period doesn't really count) before trying different settings. And when you do try something different, keep it the same for about a week or more to make sure that you get a good representative sample from the change. One night's data can be far to variable to provide a useful comparison point. I have nights where my pressures stay in the 11-15 range, and I have other nights where my pressures hover in the 15-19 range.

My initial titration gave a pressure of 13 cmH2O. My 90% AutoCPAP pressure (the typical value used to determine a fixed value) over the past several weeks has been around 17. I'm beginning to hold more and more disdain for one-night titration values.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I will wait another month before I start messing with my pressure. I just started on the swift fx mask about a week ago and I dont want too many changes at once. I will definitely request help when trying to change my settings though because I dont have a clue....:grin:
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 101 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 98 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047
  Interpreting Oscar values SleepingTight 0 139 03-10-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: SleepingTight
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,036 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 767 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 472 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 584 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.