Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

need new study
Surprised 
need new study
My last study was a few years ago.

I may need a new one
1. Developed insomnia recently
2. Anxiety and depression continue to worsen

However, I just started tapering off antidepressant Trintellix from 20 mg to 10 mg, and I may start gabapentine or Mirapex for PLMD and RLS because it is getting really bad.  Most likely from antidepressnets.

Should I wait on the study with all this going on?

Can anyone email me at williammouchet@bellsouth.net
to discuss anything you know about
1. Trintellix
2. Mirapex
3. Gabapentine
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: need new study
Mouchet, Please keep all your posts on one thread. That way everyone can follow along and know what you've already posted.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok will do.

Basically I have rls and plmd severe 

I was prescribed Mirapex but did not take it.  He put me on buspar and it was awful.

Now I wake up every 1-2 hours.  

Would like to try gabapentime again, but psychiatrist said it made me too tired.
 Just started wearing off trintellix need something to chill me out
What do you think?

I will try collar...what is the best?

Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
Mouchet,
As much as we are very sympathetic to your situation, we really can't advise you on what medicines to take. This decision has to be between you and your doctor.
Please talk to your doctor and go over your medications with him/her to see what works best for your situation.

I think that the sooner you can get your RLS under control, you will be more successful with Cpap therapy.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wanted to know if anyone had a home sleep study and if they are valid. How much. Willing to pay out of pocket
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2018, 11:16 AM)Mouchet Wrote: I wanted to know if anyone had a home sleep study and if they are valid.  How much.  Willing to pay out of pocket

Home "sleep" studies are good for detecting basic sleep apnea. The home testing machines and sensors can easily tell if you stop breathing and for how long. The typical home sleep study cannot really tell if you are actually **sleeping**. So it will not necessarily diagnose your sleep efficiency. For that the gold standard is the brainwave sensors stuck all over your head that they do in an attended lab study, an EEG. The other of way measuring sleep stages, actigraphy - or how much you move while in bed - can be done at home but it can't, for instance, tell if you are awake or asleep if you are still when trying to fall asleep.

I'd say your concerns are something you'd need to consult a doctor about, who can tell you what kind of sleep study would be appropriate, or when you should have one. The AASM does not consider home sleep studies adequate for apnea diagnostics where there are other factors at play:

Quote:"...the task force found that home sleep apnea testing has not been adequately validated or demonstrated to provide favorable clinical outcomes and efficient care in certain patient populations with complicating conditions. Therefore, the guideline recommends that polysomnography, rather than home sleep apnea testing, be used for the diagnosis of obstructive sleep apnea in patients with significant cardiorespiratory disease; potential respiratory muscle weakness due to neuromuscular condition; awake hypoventilation or suspicion of sleep-related hypoventilation; chronic opioid medication use; or a history of stroke or severe insomnia." [emphasis added]

https://aasm.org/aasm-publishes-new-guid...eep-apnea/
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #10 offers a home sleep study.  I don't know its cost.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Consider a home sleep study just as a first line triage - the only valid responses are - sleep disorder yes or no.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 231 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 76 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 119 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 145 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 64 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.