Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

need recommendations for backup software
need recommendations for backup software
looking for a free presumably open source backup solution from laptop to usb external hdd.  may consider a small purchase price if recommended.  wondering what others use.

windows file history is wacky and untrustworthy, omitting some and duplicating other folders and subfolders despite being listed on the config page; worse, it ignores D partition folders added to the config page.  I've tried deleting the back up from the external drive and trying again after reconfiguring the list of folders to backup, to no avail.

win7 backup seemed to work but not sure it syncs (updates files) easily over time and at first glance may not allow easy search, view and restore of individual files.

I tried the Easus free product; it has display problems and seizes during configuration.   

my wife uses dropbox and I might have to as well but I prefer local storage.  at the moment I'd guess I need most of the space on my 500gb external hdd for data, not including a system image.   

suggestions appreciated!

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: need recommendations for backup software
If you are wanting to sync your PC to an external drive, try SyncToy 2.1(x64).  It acts like rsync to a great degree.  It is a free Microsoft program that can be downloaded from their site.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead and OSCAR
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Firewall Recommendations for Gigabit Internet Service Crimson Nape 2 84 09-10-2020, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Cloud backup solutions Jeff8356 14 376 07-31-2020, 03:43 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Recommendations on computer memory brands MitchS 20 798 01-07-2020, 06:11 AM
Last Post: MitchS
  Anyone here use TheBrain software? PaulaO2 6 1,141 06-17-2018, 02:33 PM
Last Post: ShaunBlake
Cool O2 Concentrator: Recommendations for Purchase? kiwii 5 1,238 05-10-2018, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Recommendations Needed on a Printer Purchase Sleepster 2 890 01-10-2018, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Free Fax Software for Win 8.1 me50 14 2,103 05-13-2016, 12:44 AM
Last Post: me50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.