Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

need replacement mask
need replacement mask
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a place to get a replacement mask for resmed airsense 10, I actually only need the pastic piece that that straps and the mask fit into, last night when I was putting on my mask the top left plastic piece that holds the head strap snapped off
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: need replacement mask
Amazon has parts for many different masks
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
any idea what the plastic piece that the mask cushion and straps connect to is called?  thanks for the reply
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe that the part you are asking about, is actually the mask itself. There's the mask, the cushion / pillow, and the headgear. 

At least that's how my DME supplier calls it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Where did you get your equipment in the first place and do you get regular replacements? These tings aren't meant to last forever as we all know. There are many many masks and headgears with different names and manufacturers. There is a list of suppliers at the top of each forum page--if you do't know the name of your headgear you might be able to find it there.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2021, 08:48 PM)jammer521 Wrote: Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a place to get a replacement mask for resmed airsense 10,

It doesn't matter what kind of CPAP machine you have. All masks work with all CPAP machines. (By the way, you say you have a ResMed AirSense, but your profile lists a different machine).

Quote:I actually only need the pastic piece that that straps and the mask fit into, last night when I was putting on my mask the top left plastic piece that holds the head strap snapped off

Masks are designed to last about 3 months, although many people report that they last much longer. The straps lose their elasticity and they just don't work as well.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Washing the headgear (straps) in hot, soapy water, will return the elasticity in them quite often. Let the straps soak a good while in the hot water. 

I get at least 9-12 months of use out of mine. The mask itself will last well over a year, if not more. The cushion, depends on the type.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,042 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,820 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 201 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,122 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,892 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,796 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 263 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.