Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

need to remove humidifier
need to remove humidifier
Hey Everyone,

I have been using my m series with a humidifier for 8 years now and love it. I have begun to go camping (scout leader) and need to take my unit with me. I was pleasantly surprised when I found the dc cord with cig plug. I bought two 12v 17ah batts along with the cord. This will give me plenty of sleep time (should be days). Good back up for storms too. I'll post pics when its done.

So I procured another m series unit, but I would like to take off the humidifier so make the unit smaller and draw less power. I figure a night one or two without wont hurt me. I guess i'll see.

So my question is, how do you remove the humidifier on the m series? I dont want to start pulling screws willy-nilly.

Big E
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: need to remove humidifier
(04-23-2012, 01:43 AM)bige94 Wrote: Hey Everyone,

I have been using my m series with a humidifier for 8 years now and love it. I have begun to go camping (scout leader) and need to take my unit with me. I was pleasantly surprised when I found the dc cord with cig plug. I bought two 12v 17ah batts along with the cord. This will give me plenty of sleep time (should be days). Good back up for storms too. I'll post pics when its done.

So I procured another m series unit, but I would like to take off the humidifier so make the unit smaller and draw less power. I figure a night one or two without wont hurt me. I guess i'll see.

So my question is, how do you remove the humidifier on the m series? I dont want to start pulling screws willy-nilly.

Big E

do not unscrew or force anything. there is a lever on the bottom i think that you squeeze to release it. i'll get a better look and modify this post if somebody doesn't explain it better first.

edit: ok, no lever. i was thinking of another machine. the unit lifts out of the humidifier. with the unit facing you, while holding the humidifier down, lift up at the bottom of the cpap facing you. the cpap will rise as it unsnaps itself. then just lift the cpap out of the humidifier. as you will see, the cpap sits in the humidifier. now you will have to find the little plastic hose adapter that came with the machine or humidifier so you can plug in the hose. i hope you're one of us "never throw anything away" people.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Can't you turn the humidifier off? If it's not on, even though attached, it won't draw power. You can then use it in 'passover' mode (water in tank with no heat) if you feel you need it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks uncle bill. I'll give that a try. I'm hopin i won't need my card for the other unit either. I should be able to set the pressure manually.

I could use the humidifier in Passover mode. I did last night as matter of fact. I received my batts yesterday and took them for a test drive last night. No problems.

My reason for removing the humidifier was to shrink the footprint of the machine and make it easier to pack. I'll post some pics of my setup. I'm camping this weekend so I need to get it all finalized.

I don't think I have that damn adapter though. Might have to buy one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes! Please do post pics of the set up! That'd be cool to see.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
this is a picture of the remstar m series cpap hooked up to the heated humidifier.

[attachment=130]

you press up on the cpap in the front to unsnap it from the humidifier frame.

[attachment=131]

this is the humidifier and cpap separated.

[attachment=132]

this is where the cpap goes into the humidifier.

[attachment=133]

this is the part of the cpap that goes into the humidifier. notice ther is no connection for the hose.

[attachment=134]

this is the hose adapter that you need to hook the hose to the cpap. it is called an air outlet port. the only number i see on mine is 1024107. this is the part number if you have to buy one. other suppliers may have it, but i found it at Supplier #3 for $9. go to their search and type in respironics 1024107

[attachment=135]

this is the opposite side of the adapter that you need to hook the hose to the cpap.

[attachment=136]

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
this is the cpap with the hose adapter snapped in. it only goes one way.

[attachment=137]

this is the hose hooked into the adapter that is attached to the cpap, ready to plug in and sleep.

[attachment=138]

this is a side view.

[attachment=139]

if anybody wants to borrow my words and pictures to make a wiki, feel free to do so.

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
There's no button or anything? You just lift it up while holding the humidifier down?
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2012, 11:57 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: There's no button or anything? You just lift it up while holding the humidifier down?

correct. it snaps out and in.

here is a picture of the little tabs on the humidifier that the cpap snaps onto.

[attachment=140]

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Great post uncle bill. Killer pictures too. Thanks

So I got on the web today and located a hose adapter for my m series. 9 bucks for the adapter and 15 to ship it. Holy cow! So I got on the horn and started calling medical supply places in my area. 3rd call in and I located a guy that had one and said I could have it for free. Can't beat that. Just need to pick up a battery box now.

Thanks for all the help. Pics coming soon.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 354 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,161 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 320 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 787 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 515 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.