Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new DSX600, dramatic jump in AHI - ASV OMG!
RE: new DSX600, dramatic jump in AHI
Hmmm, SD cards come in a variety of flavors: 16GB thru 512GB. I assume the small text/numeric data for several years will fit in a 16Gb device. Am I correct?
Post Reply Post Reply
To the best of my knowledge, most CPAP devices are unable to use an SD card larger than 32Gb.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
16 GB wil be perfect. Format to FAT32.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Received the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV this afternoon. Prelim look at the SD card DataLog (if I'm reading it right) shows an 11/20/2017 first date, followed by a few days usage in February 2018 ... and no further use until 3/18/20 and 3/23/20 when DOTMed presumably checked it out. Don't see a reason it is in anything but pristine condition! 

Next step is to delete and reinstall Oscar, setting it up for this machine, and go into the clinical to check settings. My first use likely won't be until tomorrow as we're tied up with other commitments this evening, but it's been a great afternoon ... in large part due to the terrific MODERATORS on this forum.

THANKS AGAIN!
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad your ASV has arrived. You can edit your user data in UserCP to show proper machine info. And let us know how this ASV works. Post OSCAR data after use.

Any questions, please post it. We're always here to help.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Be sure to delete all user data on the ASV before use. You can setup the ASV is literally a couple minutes. Home button + control knob, enter settings, settings: Mode ASVauto, EPAP min 5.0, EPAP max 15.0, PS min 3.0, PS max 15.0. The SD card can be reused if you delete everything, or reformat.

Thanks for the compliments on the moderators. I get to associate with a very helpful and knowledgeable group of people.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I would both format the SD card and perform a factory reset to ensure that no obscure settings are at something strange. Then input your settings
Post Reply Post Reply
This thread should be titled:   O M G !!!

After three+ years of my previous ICON+ showing an AHI bouncing between a low of 5 and high of 30+ (avg about 15), and 6 nights on a Dreamstation where the AHI AVERAGED 65, and 6 nights back on the ICON+ (waiting for the new ASV) with AHI readings of 16, 13, 28, 28, 22, and 10, WE HAVE A WINNER!

As the attached Oscar shot shows, 8.5 good hours of usage with an AHI of 1.42, a record LOW for me! Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You need a bit more min epap to sort the couple of Unknown Apnoea I suggest 6 may need a tad more later but see how it goes.

How do you feel ?

If sometimes the ASV blows at you blow back hard and it will back off and restart its learn cycle
Post Reply Post Reply
I had originally suggested EPAP min of 5.0 and I think you will need it. This might be a record fast resolution to one of the worst CA problems I have seen. I'm sure you agree it was worth every penny to self-finance this. Let your doctor's office know you are now using ASV and document your use and efficacy. You will qualify for ASV without further testing provided your diagnosis shows central apnea with your diagnostic sleep study, and a demonstration of use and efficacy verified by your doctor. Congrats!

I hope you will continue to work on this an keep us posted. If you will please turn off the pie chart, we will be able to see some additional respiratory data and the settings. The minute vent and resp rate look perfect. I think I will change the title of this thread. As you said, OMG!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sudden AHI jump woodepgh 3 397 09-03-2023, 09:37 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Sudden jump in AHI redslug 4 673 09-28-2022, 05:45 AM
Last Post: redslug
  [Treatment] After years of successful treatment: a Big jump in AHI and drop in restfulness AtRest 28 2,445 05-10-2021, 05:02 PM
Last Post: AtRest
  Change altitude and huge AHI Jump afloatandrew 3 1,108 03-07-2020, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed S9 to A10 "upgrade" - Huge jump in AHI, CA, H, OA events - battling machine SleeplessInPHX 67 7,387 03-05-2020, 12:02 PM
Last Post: SleeplessInPHX
Angry AHI jump with mask change- help tjq86 1 966 06-27-2019, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] sudden jump in the number of events lech 3 1,998 09-20-2018, 08:25 AM
Last Post: horsepower

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.