Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new DSX600, dramatic jump in AHI - ASV OMG!
RE: new DSX600, dramatic jump in AHI
I looked through Supplier 2's inventory just now but didn't see "Resmed S10 Aircurve ASV" listed.

There were several variations:
Resmed S10 Aircurve VPAP Auto
Resmed S10 Aircurve VPAP S

Are either of those a match for your recommended "Resmed S10 Aircurve ASV", or was I looking in the wrong place?

OOPS! PHONE CALL SHOWED ME I JUST DIDN'T LOOK FAR ENOUGH DOWN THEIR LIST. SORRY.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not know this as an absolute certainty, but I am pretty sure Supplier #2 and Supplier #33 do not fit in with Medicare. Both accept paying with HSA and FSA cards, VISA, etc.

Even though my actual Medicare doesn't start until May, 1, my state funded county assist insurance emulates Medicare requirements. Neither of these supplier options are on my table of choices for machines. Myself, I had best results with insurance coverage and acceptance by staying with the 3 national DME chains of Rotech, Apria, and Lincare. I have used Rotech (CP02 locally) and Apria for machines and supplies.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Aircurve 10 VPAP Auto and VPAP S are not ASV machines. Search Supplier #2 for "New, Open Box ResMed S10 VPAP ASV w/ Heated Humidifier" $2149.00
Post Reply Post Reply
DeepBreathing found the same listing with supplier 2 that I did. I got there by first clicking on the blue button on the website top banner "CPAP/BiPAP" then scroll down to just below the credit card picture where a black ResMed machine is pictured and a link called "CLICK HERE for current discounted new CPAP & BiPAP equipment. Scroll to the bottom of that list and the ResMed ASV is the next to last unit.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you go over to cpap-talk ApnoeaQuestions has a Lumis tx with humidifier for sale low run hours $750

Or so it will do ASVAuto and prob cost less than you out of pocket with no warranty
Post Reply Post Reply
Did a prelim checkout of the Lumis Tx. Found it is a hospital multifunction ventilator.

Given the Corona - induced shortage of hospital ventilators in general, (albeit not necessarily this model), I'd bet the odds are at least 50-50 someone acquired it through "midnight re-purposing" at the end of a shift; no hospital is likely to have surplussed it.

I'll be ordering the S10 Aircurve ASV as soon as I can pick up the new Rx from the doctor's office.

Will let you know if I have any q's once I get it.

THANKS TO ***EVERYONE*** FOR THE EXTREMELY RAPID AND THOROUGH SUPPORT THROUGHOUT THIS THREAD.

STAY SAFE!
Post Reply Post Reply
I know of the S9 VPAP Tx machine, and it has been around long before the outbreak. ApneaQuesitions used it as his machine and posted some interesting information. That said, it is actually a device used for titration testing, but is the older generation model, so it was likely surpluses by a sleep lab. It originally cam from the DotMed site, so no one really knows. There is currently a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV with 214 hours for $900 listed on the DotMed Medical Equipment site. You have to look under BiPAP Bilevel devices. Note that DotMed is an open marketplace, with a wide variety of equipment, and you really won't know who you're dealing with. I have not heard of anyone having a problem, and a few members have sourced equipment there including ApneaQuestions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The S10 ASV from DOTMed should ship tomorrow at the latest. Don't expect to have setup issues, but appreciate the backup. If no issues I need help on I'll post results within a week of machine arrival.

THANKS AGAIN.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad we were able to help you get on track quickly. We'll be here when you're ready. Be sure to have a SD card ready to go. It's unlikely the one from DotMed will include one. Also, request a copy of the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV clinician manual from Apnea Board here https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...manual#ASK
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's great news, DrMike. If you have any questions at all, we'll do all we can to help you with the ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sudden AHI jump woodepgh 3 400 09-03-2023, 09:37 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Sudden jump in AHI redslug 4 673 09-28-2022, 05:45 AM
Last Post: redslug
  [Treatment] After years of successful treatment: a Big jump in AHI and drop in restfulness AtRest 28 2,456 05-10-2021, 05:02 PM
Last Post: AtRest
  Change altitude and huge AHI Jump afloatandrew 3 1,110 03-07-2020, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed S9 to A10 "upgrade" - Huge jump in AHI, CA, H, OA events - battling machine SleeplessInPHX 67 7,406 03-05-2020, 12:02 PM
Last Post: SleeplessInPHX
Angry AHI jump with mask change- help tjq86 1 967 06-27-2019, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] sudden jump in the number of events lech 3 1,998 09-20-2018, 08:25 AM
Last Post: horsepower

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.