Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new DSX600, dramatic jump in AHI - ASV OMG!
RE: new DSX600, dramatic jump in AHI - ASV OMG!
I'll bump EPAP in increments of 1 from the "stock" S10 ASV settings. We'll see what tonight is like with a setting of 5, tomorrow night with 6, etc and check the impact on AHI.  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried to remove the pie chart: File --> Preferences --> Appearance --> "uncheck pie breakdown"

Sure enough, the checkmark clears ... but doesn't stay cleared. 
Re-open Oscar and the pie chart and checkmark are still there.

What am I doing wrong?
Post Reply Post Reply
When you uncheck the Pie Chart there is a save button at the bottom of the screen that’s easily missed if you don’t click it your preferences aren't saved
Post Reply Post Reply
A-ha! my tool bar was covering all but about 1 pixel of the top of the two boxes. Finally hit the magic line, it lit up, and I clicked; pie chart now gone.

Don't know how tough it would be to shift those two clickable links up a smidge to make them more noticeable, but that would help.
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
That behavior is much better handled in the upcoming release.
Post Reply Post Reply
            AHI on the S10 seems pretty consistent. 
Day 1, EPAP at 4, AHI was 1.42
Day 2, EPAP at 5.0, AHI was 1.11
Day 3, EPAP at 5.4, AHI was 1.12
Day 4, EPAP at 5.8, AHI was 1.63

I'll try a few more nights titrating the EPAP and settle on what seems best.
I'm THRILLED! This is the best I've felt in the morning in a VERY long time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very nice. Congrats.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You looked pretty good at 5.0 and 5.4. The machine is keeping up with any changes in need through the night. I don't see anything I can recommend, and the therapy looks exactly as expected. It's fantastic when someone gets the help they need quickly and easily. I'm sure once you catch up with your doctor to show these results he will be very pleased.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good point about the doc. Document this ASV usage as effective therapy to present to the doc.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

[attachment=21904][attachment=21904][attachment=21905][attachment=21905][attachment=21905][attachment=21905]
After 10 nights, titrating EPAP between 4.0 and 7.0, I do not see a significant difference in AHIs.
Based on these outcomes, I'll set EPAP at 5.0 and run for a while.

EPAP  AHI
4.0   1.42
5.0   1.11
5.4   1.12
5.8   1.63
5.8   1.21
6.2   1.58
6.6   0.79   4/10/20
6.6   1.15
7.0   1.56
7.0   1.38   4/13/20

The only difference that I've noticed is a correlation between increasing EPAP and increasing amounts of air I swallow.

All AHIs are so far below anything I've experienced over the past 3-1/2 years that I'm blown away!  THANKS Board!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sudden AHI jump woodepgh 3 411 09-03-2023, 09:37 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Sudden jump in AHI redslug 4 695 09-28-2022, 05:45 AM
Last Post: redslug
  [Treatment] After years of successful treatment: a Big jump in AHI and drop in restfulness AtRest 28 2,505 05-10-2021, 05:02 PM
Last Post: AtRest
  Change altitude and huge AHI Jump afloatandrew 3 1,130 03-07-2020, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed S9 to A10 "upgrade" - Huge jump in AHI, CA, H, OA events - battling machine SleeplessInPHX 67 7,480 03-05-2020, 12:02 PM
Last Post: SleeplessInPHX
Angry AHI jump with mask change- help tjq86 1 977 06-27-2019, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] sudden jump in the number of events lech 3 2,033 09-20-2018, 08:25 AM
Last Post: horsepower

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.