Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new Resmed ff mask
RE: new Resmed ff mask
Yeah I checked with my dme this morning while trying on other masks. They have no date for it. I tried several other masks and I stuck with my AirTouch F20 Large. I wish they made the AirTouch the same shape as the Air Fit. The AirTouch is more pointed and presses down between my eyes and makes an indention that lasts for several hours or almost all day. The sirfit is more rounded and smaller at top. But doesn't seal good around the bottom of my mouth due to the flimsy silicone at the bottom. I wish they would come out with more foam masks instead of silicone.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
Myron  Read the Mask Primer (see my signature) for Mask fiting. Most users having issues tighten masks far to tight, it is possible to be not tight enough but that flimsy silicon seals by means of air pressure from your CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2018, 07:41 PM)bonjour Wrote: The magnets make this a 100% no-go for me as my wife has a pacemaker which can be affected by magnetic fields.  These magnets may not have the strength to impact the pacemaker but I cannot take the chance of an interaction.

If that an issue for me and I thought the F30 would be the mask for me, I'd do some DIY mask surgery and swap out the magnets with velcro or another kind of attachment. Checking out my F20, conversion might take a bit of dremel work to re use the fittings that currently have magnets but it seems quite doable, but I'm thinking vendor 1 might not honor their "return insurance" if I did that :-)

(10-17-2018, 11:14 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: From Supplier #1:
"We are terribly sorry for the delay, at this time we do not have an exact date of when ResMed will be providing us enough stock to begin shipping out orders.
However once we receive a shipment, we will begin filling orders as soon as possible."

They will be more than happy to accept your payment ahead of time though.

Yeah, I do prefer that vendors not bill me until the item ships. I was happy with my first and only experience with vendor 1, but other than their "free return insurance" their return policy of unopened items only (even if it's just a stand or something)/a 15% restocking fee/you pay all shipping isn't wow customer service. Billing me for something they don't even have in stock is annoying.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2018, 11:55 AM)bonjour Wrote: Myron  Read the Mask Primer (see my signature) for Mask fiting. Most users having issues tighten masks far to tight, it is possible to be not tight enough but that flimsy silicon seals by means of air pressure from your CPAP.

Thanks but I've watched the primers in the past. Plus also ResMed guide. I also went thru fitting tests with my DME and also during my past sleep studies. They could see no reason why I still get leaks. It's just there is no mask available that fits my face very good. Especially with a recessed chin. My dental appliance that pulls my lower jaw forward helped a lot. But I still get mouth leaks some nights. 

They need to find different material besides silicon. And the memory foam cushion is better but still too thin. It's like a cheap memory foam topper that has no support and is super thin. The memory foam should be thicker and heavier like premium mattresses you can buy.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm in total agreement, MyronH. I don't like how the AirTouch pinches my nose, but at least it stays mostly sealed throughout the night.

The AirFit leaks on me (at the mouth area) in the early morning hours when my jaw goes slack. I wake up (quite startled) to a loud burp/blip sound of the silicone flapping in the wind.

I would really love a DIY/custom mask. I'd use the Air Touch cushion with the P10 diffuser, mini-tube, and headgear. Ah, I can dream of it!
Post Reply Post Reply
Got an update from Supplier #1. "We received our stock of the AirFit™ F30 later that we anticipated. We are sorry for the delay. Your order has been upgraded to expedited shipping to ensure you receive it as fast as possible. Again, we are sorry for this inconvenience.
Thanks again for your order! It shipped today via FedEx Priority Overnight."

So they now have the masks and they are going out of way to make up for the delay. Classy Outfit! 

Thumbs-up-2
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Fed Ex guy just delivered the F30. Very similar to the Dreamwear FFM except the nose section comes up higher on each side of the nose. Appears to be a bit narrower as well. The whole assembly is lighter in weight than the dreamwear.
It’s too early to go to bed now, but will give it a full test tonight! I’m with others who wish Resmed would have the foam option available.  It will be hard to part with my Airtouch tonight.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2018, 10:58 AM)Hihowrya Wrote: Fed Ex guy just delivered the F30. Very similar to the Dreamwear FFM except the nose section comes up higher on each side of the nose. Appears to be a bit narrower as well. The whole assembly is lighter in weight than the dreamwear.
It’s too early to go to bed now, but will give it a full test tonight! I’m with others who wish Resmed would have the foam option available.  It will be hard to part with my Airtouch tonight.

It looks like it might be possible just to buy the F30 cushion and use the headgear and knuckle that comes with the F20. Does that sound correct? Looks like a sweet mask - I'm 4 days into using the F20, but... have my eye on this F30 already.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2018, 12:34 PM)isuckatsleeping Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 10:58 AM)Hihowrya Wrote: Fed Ex guy just delivered the F30. Very similar to the Dreamwear FFM except the nose section comes up higher on each side of the nose. Appears to be a bit narrower as well. The whole assembly is lighter in weight than the dreamwear.

It looks like it might be possible just to buy the F30 cushion and use the headgear and knuckle that comes with the F20. Does that sound correct? Looks like a sweet mask - I'm 4 days into using the F20, but... have my eye on this F30 already.

No you need the new head gear and frame. The headgear on the F30 has an adjustable strap that goes over the top of your head. Similar to the Amara View mask.

Unlike the Amara view and Dreamwear mask that measures the length of your nose. For the Remed F30  they measure the width of the nose. There's two cushion sizes small and medium. The sizing card is place under the bottom of the nose like the Amara View and the the small measures 1 11/32" or less or 33mm or less.
So if anyone wants to make there own sizing card there you go.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2018, 01:39 PM)Walla Walla Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 12:34 PM)isuckatsleeping Wrote:

No you need the new head gear and frame. The headgear on the F30 has an adjustable strap that goes over the top of your head. Similar to the Amara View mask.

Unlike the Amara view and Dreamwear mask that measures the length of your nose. For the Remed F30  they measure the width of the nose. There's two cushion sizes small and medium. The sizing card is place under the bottom of the nose like the Amara View and the the small measures 1 11/32" or less or 33mm or less.
So if anyone wants to make there own sizing card there you go.

Ah, bummer. Ok, looks like I'll wait a bit to go for the F30 then. Get my money's worth w/the F20 I just bought.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 9 16,817 04-03-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 401 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 531 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [CPAP] Still can't keep mask on after switching to ResMed Kevstuf 7 550 01-03-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  How to stop leakages from the F30i Full Face Mask by ResMed Jose Castro 8 1,547 11-18-2023, 04:37 AM
Last Post: UnknownActor
  Mask Change P10/ N30 to F20 Issue (Resmed) mcman56 14 994 11-12-2023, 01:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry [CPAP] Resmed Mask F30i - Tabs keep breaking.. Anybody else have this problem? Snacko 5 1,800 10-20-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: RainbowFish

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.