Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new Resmed ff mask
RE: new Resmed ff mask
Considered giving it a shot, but at $170, I'll pass.
The Amaraview has the same problem that I have with all FFM... when my chin drops (even wearing a collar) I get leaks around my chin.
I'll stick with the P10
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2018, 02:54 PM)CB91710 Wrote: Considered giving it a shot, but at $170, I'll pass.
The Amaraview has the same problem that I have with all FFM...  when my chin drops (even wearing a collar) I get leaks around my chin.
I'll stick with the P10

It was $132.50. Still high though.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
OK after taking an afternoon nap. Here's my take on the F30. If you do well already with an Amara View and want an upgrade on the headgear and a quiet vent than the Remed F30 is your mask. If you had problems with getting a seal with the Amara View than chances are you'll have the same problems with the F30. It's a 5 point adjustment trying to get the mask just right. I had problems with the Amara View with side sleeping and the same goes for the Resmed F30. YMMV.
Back to the Air Touch I go.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Walla. I’ll have to pass. I have the same problem with FFM you and CB91710 have. I had high hopes for F30.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2018, 05:31 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: OK after taking an afternoon nap. Here's my take on the F30. If you do well already with an Amara View and want an upgrade on the headgear and a quiet vent than the Remed F30 is your mask. If you had problems with getting a seal with the Amara View than chances are you'll have the same problems with the F30. It's a 5 point adjustment trying to get the mask just right. I had problems with the Amara View with side sleeping and the same goes for the Resmed F30. YMMV.
Back to the Air Touch I go.

Thanks for the info Walla Walla. I rate my overall user experience on the Amara View at 80% successful, compared to my AirFit F20, I'm still up to giving the F30 a try. If nothing else but to get a smaller overall mask that still seals consistently. So I'll add this one to the wish list, as well as getting the N20.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2018, 01:39 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Unlike the Amara view and Dreamwear mask that measures the length of your nose. For the Remed F30  they measure the width of the nose. There's two cushion sizes small and medium. The sizing card is place under the bottom of the nose like the Amara View and the the small measures 1 11/32" or less or 33mm or less.
So if anyone wants to make there own sizing card there you go.

Darn it! I ordered a "medium" I've yet to receive, because by most standards there is no way in heck my gigantic nose is "small". At 35mm max width it just qualifies by your report as medium, but it seems like it may be on the cusp. In the Dreamwear FF, by contrast, I'm a large, but definitely not a medium wide. And I find the P10 Large pillows to be set way too wide apart, but the medium pillows to be too small at their bases - ResMed should distinguish between long nares and wide ones :-/
Post Reply Post Reply
This one is going straight to the mask bone pile. I’m a 5’2” person with a pug nose. No way this medium ffm fits my nose. Imagine a face like  PBS’s “Poldark” would be a perfect fit.  Pretty sure the small size would be the same problem but the fitting guide that comes with the mask doesn’t address nose length, only nose width.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2018, 05:55 PM)Hihowrya Wrote: This one is going straight to the mask bone pile. I’m a 5’2” person with a pug nose. No way this medium ffm fits my nose. Imagine a face like  PBS’s “Poldark” would be a perfect fit.  Pretty sure the small size would be the same problem but the fitting guide that comes with the mask doesn’t address nose length, only nose width.

Seems like the [commercial DME link removed, instead, please see Supplier #1] return insurance may be getting more of a work out than they expect based on ResMed's brag about fitting 93% of the population with only two sizes. I've been tempted to take a hole punch to enlarge the smaller nose cushions that came with the Dreamwear FF and the Dreamwear original, but the factory holes are reinforced with a molded rim that helps keep them from tearing, so that probably wouldn't be a satisfactory mask surgery on Dreamwear or on the F30 if it doesn't fit me :-(

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirMini
I aw an online supplier that has the AirMini package the hose setup kit and a F30 mask.  It looks like the elbow configuration is the same on the F20 and F30 so it will fit but I have not seen ResMed update their AirMini documents to confirm this?

AirMini™ F20/F30 setup pack with:

• AirMini™ tubing

• F20/F30 mask connector
Post Reply Post Reply

I'm attaching pics of the F20 and F30 elbow side by side. They appear to be somewhat different. Not sure if they would be interchangeable.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Resmed F30i Mask ditron1 3 134 04-23-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: cps22
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 11 17,317 04-20-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 430 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 548 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [CPAP] Still can't keep mask on after switching to ResMed Kevstuf 7 569 01-03-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  How to stop leakages from the F30i Full Face Mask by ResMed Jose Castro 8 1,593 11-18-2023, 04:37 AM
Last Post: UnknownActor
  Mask Change P10/ N30 to F20 Issue (Resmed) mcman56 14 1,024 11-12-2023, 01:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.