Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new apap user and clueless
new apap user and clueless
hi im new to sleep apnea got my apap machine on may 10th the setting is from 9-20 I wear everynight and I swear I feel no difference in energy at all.I had a home sleep test and doc said I had 48 apneas a hour and by the way he talked I would feel great with this machine and I don't.Can you tell me if this is normal and I have read here that a sleepyhead download would help could someone walk me through how to use it or what it does.Thanks for the helpThanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new apap user and clueless
(05-16-2016, 10:41 AM)bigcat Wrote: hi im new to sleep apnea got my apap machine on may 10th the setting is from 9-20 I wear everynight and I swear I feel no difference in energy at all.I had a home sleep test and doc said I had 48 apneas a hour and by the way he talked I would feel great with this machine and I don't.Can you tell me if this is normal and I have read here that a sleepyhead download would help could someone walk me through how to use it or what it does.Thanks for the helpThanks

It's more the rule than the exception not to immediately feel better. *PAP therapy has a steep learning curve and a lot of people give up. Don't give up, because that might kill you and if it doesn't kill you it will ruin your quality of life - we are here to help.

To help you we need more information. We need the *exact* make and model of your machine, the mask, and your hose. Please fill in your profile details completely.

There is a link the the SleepyHead software at the top of this page, under the site title. The links on that line are in black instead of the normal blue, but don't let that fool you. You download and install it just like every other program.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bigcat,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It can take a little time before you notice improvements, so just stick with it.
Which machine and mask do you have? It would help to know that so we can help you better.
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your questions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.

trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
When I first posted I was at work and didn't know machine but it is a remstar apap with a simplus full mask
On my info it says 90 percent pressure is 19.5
Post Reply Post Reply
And my hose is 6 feet long I can't find the name on it
Post Reply Post Reply
Install the Sleepyhead software and download your machine data to your computer. You might need an SD card reader if one isn't built into your computer. You can learn to read your data and share data so members can provide suggestions based on their own experience. Without looking at the data there is no way to know if your machine is working properly to benefiting you.

Rich

PS Welcome to the Apnea Board Forum
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thank you very much I will have to buy a computer now I use s iPhone
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2016, 06:14 PM)bigcat Wrote: Ok thank you very much I will have to buy a computer now I use s iPhone

You can get by with an inexpensive computer to read machine data using Sleepyhead software. You may have to add an inexpensive SD card reader.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
You can get a card reader for around $10 that plugs into the USB slot. The computer does not have to be powerful. Computer with windows (pretty much any version), keyboard, mouse, card reader. Internet would be great but is not really required, you could tether your phone or do a screen capture from sleepyhead on your computer and transfer the picture to your phone to upload it. Desktop, laptop or even a windows table should work.

Get the manual and make sure you know the type of SD card, it is not a micro card-it's full sized SD card.
You have many settings that are known as comfort settings on the machine. If you are not comfortable you will not get good sleep even though your therapy settings are fine.

I do not use that brand of CPAP, I think there should be a letter followed by 3 digits that tells the exact model #, look for a sticker. look for a DS550 or something similar. You need to make sure that it is data capable before you go buy a computer. Many others here can help you verify if it is data capable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much if I could bother you guys for one more question I starting checking my 90%pressure and its between 16.5 and 19 on my one day and seven day I was wondering should I up my lower setting which is 9 now maybe to 11 or 12 I still have the droopy eye tired brain fog during the day,thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 93 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 375 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 578 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 442 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,427 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,152 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 590 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.