Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new arrival...
new arrival...
I have worn the mask for 3 nights now...

a few questions -
Should air be flowing out of the hose/connector where it fits to the nosepiece??

Sometimes I sense air coming out between the nosepiece and my skin. Should this be airtight?

These are just a few of my starter questions. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new arrival...
(07-29-2013, 11:51 AM)KarenK Wrote: I have worn the mask for 3 nights now...

a few questions -
Should air be flowing out of the hose/connector where it fits to the nosepiece??

Sometimes I sense air coming out between the nosepiece and my skin. Should this be airtight?

These are just a few of my starter questions. Thanks.
I forgot to mention the air coming out of the top and blowing toward my eyes.

Post Reply Post Reply
Karen, yes the mask has vents to expel air and keep the air in the mask fresh. It's sometimes really hard to tell if the mask is leaking in the nosepiece area. Do you mean the top part? I find the Wisp to be a great mask and easy to fit. I am not familiar with your machine- does it give leak data? Sometimes that's the only way you know if you have a leak. It's normal to be hyper vigilant and to feel for leaks. Try to relax and don't worry about leaks, the mask should rest gently on your face and not be over tightened. I used to think all I had to do was use the machine every night and all would be well. Then I found out that without good quality, restful sleep you won't get the most benefits from the machine. That's why it's important to relax and get good sleep and not to spend the night feeling for leaks. My sleep used to be fragmented doing just that. Now I have a great mask and usually sleep without waking. Good luck. Keep us posted, please
Post Reply Post Reply
This thread might help: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...+fit+guide
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi KarenK,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
What skyler said.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2013, 12:11 PM)KarenK Wrote: I forgot to mention the air coming out of the top and blowing toward my eyes.
You don,t want any air blowing towards the eyes, can damage your eyes. Make sure the mask is the right size and fitted correctly per user instruction. Have you tried masks with forehead dial, the forehead dial can wind in or out to fix top and bottom leaks.
Nasal pillows don,t blow air towards the eyes

Post Reply Post Reply
Leaks around the eyes is why I cannot wear any nasal mask. I've tried so many over the years. I can only use nasal pillows.

There will be leaking at on the mask itself; that's the vent and is supposed to be there. Any leak where it touches your skin is not to be there.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
KarenK, Welcome!

I have to agree with PaulaO2 and zonk. Air in the eyes from the mask is counter-productive.

Don't feel like you have to stick with a specific mask. There is no harm in trying something else. Many of us do well with full face.
[Image: dreamdiver-signature-gif.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night, the fourth, was better. The mask seemed to fit properly. I tried the smaller nosepiece, and that did not feel good at all. But all in all, I am progressing!!

(07-29-2013, 04:57 PM)DreamDiver Wrote: KarenK, Welcome!

I have to agree with PaulaO2 and zonk. Air in the eyes from the mask is counter-productive.

Don't feel like you have to stick with a specific mask. There is no harm in trying something else. Many of us do well with full face.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have solved my leakage into my eyes by wearingmeyevshields. A supposed Dr. on-line in this forum Said I should never wear an eye shield. Can anyone tell us why? Many people wear eye shield to block out light. What difference does it make if you are wearing a CPAP? Please enlighten me on this one.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.