Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

"new" centrals.
"new" centrals.
Hi everyone!!  It's been quite a while since I've been on the forum.  I hope everyone is doing well!!  Anyway, it's been a long couple years for me.  Heart attack (December 2019), Covid (almost to the day, a year after the heart attack). Good thing I quit smoking after the heart attack. 
                  Anyway, I've been dealing with a lot of bad fatigue during the day ever since having Covid.  PAP didn't seem to be the problem, but I did find out I do nothing but toss and turn ALL night, and never wake enough to remember it.  Anyway, I decided to start loading my PAP information a couple weeks ago into Oscar, and when I ran the card, I noticed that I had WAY more centrals than I had ever had since starting PAP therapy.  Everything else from leaks to flow limits are ok, it's just that I have a huge amount of centrals now. From what I've learned they don't look like true centrals, and just from the tossing and turning, but as you can imagine, I want to make sure. Gonna attach the past couple nights and hope someone can help me figure this out.  

Brian

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: "new" centrals.
These are CO2-induced Treatment-Emergent Central Apneas.
Reduce PS by 1 to 4 and reevaluate.

Also what is your Trigger Setting?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gideon.  Thank you so much for the quick reply.  That's what i was worried about.  Trigger and cycle are both set to medium.  I'll try the 4 ps tonight.  Change anything on trigger or cycle?
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's see what PS=4 does first.
Then leave cycle alone and try Trigger =high
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok.  Thanks Gideon.  Setting PS to 4 and trigger to high.  Funny, how I can't wait to go to bed.  LOL  Have a great night Gideon, and as always to you and everyone who makes this board what a blessing it is, THANK YOU!!!!

Brian
Post Reply Post Reply
Please do one or the other NOT both. That way we will know which caused the change if it occurs.
I have reason to suspect both will work but no way to know unless you do only one at a time. Simple experiment procedure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. Got it. I’ll just do the PS to 4.
Post Reply Post Reply
You should notice pretty quickly evidence of how PS change will influence your issue. It shouldn't need to take days or weeks. You may notice this first night after the edit either event changes, your PAP feel when using, or both.

When your report back, tell us how you feel for the change and from usage time with OSCAR data.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. Got it. I’ll just do the PS to 4.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning Gideon and Dave.  Been a while and nice to see both your names again.  Definite decrease in the Centrals, but they're still there a little bit. I'll post the night too. I'll put a close up section also.  Only thing I went with was the PS to 4.  Left trigger at medium.  Feeling much better this morning.  More rested.  Not 100%, but I'll take this mornings 80% considering how I've felt the last 6 months.  Should I decrease PS more, try trigger at high, or just leave alone for now?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI increasing and centrals michaelyu15 0 87 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 17 590 03-31-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 2,103 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 166 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  started to get a lot more centrals, questions airwaystent 3 274 03-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  are these centrals or false alarms? AZAwake 4 446 02-02-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
  Centrals coming back Gperry 9 730 12-05-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.