Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new cpap machine
RE: new cpap machine
DME was a dead end. I packed up dream station and went back to old resmed machine. my AHI's have been below .09 consistently since then and I feel better. now I am trying to unload the dream station but no luck. I know we are not allowed to sell on here so I will try and come up with a solution. thanks for all your replies
Post Reply Post Reply
James, best bet is Craigslist. You're going to take a price hit if you don't want to convert this to a backup, but $250 or so is not unreasonable for a low-hours Dreamstation Auto. If you list in Youngstown, you will also pick up the Pittsburgh and Cleveland markets.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I live in dover. I did post to craigslist but only in this area. need to do akron canton  and Cambridge. but I will not sell it for that cheap. at least $450...
Post Reply Post Reply
When I can buy it new on Amazon for $350, or see new units advertised on Craigslist at $495 delivered, I think you're dreaming. No offense, but this is common or Craigslist where people have the deluded notion that what their insurance was billed has some relationship to the used value of their stuff. I think you should contact your insurance or your doctor and inform them you cannot tolerate the machine, do not get comparable results and wish to return it. The doctor may rewrite the prescription for an Airsense 10, or insurance may require the DME take back the machine and will withhold payment, since you will be non-compliant.

I'm sure the insurance company is paying for DME support and extended warranty in addition to the equipment. There may be a compliance requirement to keep the equipment. I just think you should try to exhaust a few other avenues to over-ride the DME and get this machine returned and exchanged.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No i paid for this myself. And the cpap u refer to is the basic unit for $400. I already did my research on it. I have the autoset which is $700 to $800 online not the basic
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2017, 11:48 AM)jamescox145 Wrote: No i paid for this myself. And the cpap u refer to is the basic unit for $400. I already did my research on it. I have the autoset which is $700 to $800 online not the basic

No, I'm talking about the Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet, standard hose, carry case and heated humidifier on Amazon for $509 today, but has varied from $440 to $550, and includes the Climateline in some configurations.  This is most like your Resmed S9 Autoset.  I think you actually have the Philips Respironics Dreamstation Auto DSX500T11, which is currently on Amazon at $383.   If you think the Dreamstation Auto has any resemblance to a Resmed Autoset, then that might be why you find yourself in this situation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Well sleep rider you got something twisted in translation but you would know what i have. So good for you. You might want to go back to original post and reread.. i have never seen this dream station cpap for 495 on a Craigslist ad ever. I have seen dream station listed on Amazon for 400 but i would not trust it was unused in original condition let alone the right model. But i concede to your outstanding and fominable knowledge....
Post Reply Post Reply
You can lead a horse to water but.....................
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Did I miss the screenshots?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm NOT posting a link.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 90 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 309 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 629 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,743 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 368 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta
  [CPAP] Newby not sure if CPAP is the right machine for me tcinoz 24 1,294 02-13-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: tcinoz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.