Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new cpap machine
new cpap machine
Thinking-about Unsure  I got a new cpap to replace my 6 yr old resmed s9 that started to fail. I got the Philips resperonics dream station auto cpap. Not what I wanted. anyhow my ahi's with the resmed had been less than .55 daily for the last 4 yrs. this new dream station, ahi have held up above 1.75 to 3.80 since I got this sh**ty machine in aug 2017. I have tried various settings and a few diff masks. but cannot get the ahi below 1.0. anybody got a $1000.00 worth of free advice ??? please respond soonest . thanx. anyone wanna trade for the resmed 10........
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new cpap machine
Hi jamescox145,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question and good luck as you continue CPAP therapy and also with getting used to your new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2017, 03:57 PM)jamescox145 Wrote: Thinking-about Unsure  I got a new cpap to replace my 6 yr old resmed s9 that started to fail. I got the Philips resperonics dream station auto cpap. Not what I wanted. anyhow my ahi's with the resmed had been less than .55 daily for the last 4 yrs. this new dream station, ahi have held up above 1.75 to 3.80 since I got this sh**ty machine in aug 2017. I have tried various settings and a few diff masks. but cannot get the ahi below 1.0. anybody got a $1000.00 worth of free advice ??? please respond soonest . thanx. anyone wanna trade for the resmed 10........

Are you using the exact same pressure on the DreamStation that you used on the ResMed S9? If so, you should understand that Phillips Respironics Cpap's are a bit slower to respond to Apnea events than ResMed machines. With that said, you may need to use a slightly higher pressure with the DreamStation.

If you want someone to look at your data to see what is going on, Download #SleepyHead software, and we will try to help.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am from northeast ohio, dover !!  i spent alot of time in cleveland area delivering gas and desiel . I have sleepyhead data and can read some of it. I am trying to put in somewhat of a readable order for screen shots. some of the data I do not understand. I can tell a big diff in the 2 machines. and yes I did increase pressure with new machine. also have tried auto set on both. I prefer steady pressure.. give me sometime and I will post some shots Big Grin Big Grin of data.
Post Reply Post Reply
See my signature line for help.  The links will show you how to organize the graphs, and take a screenshot of the daily page.
Use an outside source like imgur to post your data here.

We need to see the following graphs from the daily page: events, flow rate, pressure, snores, and leak rate.  The screenshot should include the stats on the left side.  You can leave off the calendar and pie chart.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thanks it will ve tomorrow b4 i get it posted
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that OpalRose has it.  I have used a Resmed S9 and DreamStation Auto side by side with very similar results.  You just need to get the settings right for your AND the machine you using.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
James, the best bet is to see if the DME will take the machine back. If not, you can get the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset on Amazon for about $440, and make the Philips a backup. You are 2-months in, so it may not be impossible to exchange, but if you had come here first, we coulda told ya.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know what the prices are, but Supplier #1 is heavily advertising on local radio in the Willamette Valley of Oregon great overstock prices on Resmed machines. Is there a new model in the works.....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 90 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 307 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 627 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,737 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 368 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta
  [CPAP] Newby not sure if CPAP is the right machine for me tcinoz 24 1,293 02-13-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: tcinoz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.